Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2016, 04:17 PM   #11
Might I suggest Cricket wireless service? Several years ago, I was able to bring my Verizon iPhone 4s to the new carrier. They sent a sim card for $10 and I was good to go. Cricket wireless is a pre-pay with no contracts. We have the $40.00 per month plan, but since it's set up for direct debit on our credit card, they discount each line $5.00. I am not sure what fees (if any) would apply to stop and re-start. They also have a small variety of phones for sale. I recently bought a new iPhone 5s through them for $150.00 plus a new sim card. They offered the new 6/6s models, but I couldn't see spending that much for a phone.
Their coverage is very good and from what I understand, they are owned by AT&T and utilize the same cell towers. Verizon does have better coverage when not near major cities.
You might also check into going pre-paid with Verizon. They too have several plans for a flat rate and you are not obligated to sign up for 2 years.

Henk the German Shepherd & Family
2006 Toyota Sequoia
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #12
Verizon prepaid requires one of a couple of phones. Basic ones. Smart phone is not eligible..

They no longer do 2 year contracts
Getting a phone these days and a plan is confusing and like buying a used car.. The numbers just fly around.. and they make it seem like you are getting a bargain.

I think the minimum Verizon pay as you go is a hundred bucks..Texting is still charged. The phone is something like 20 bucks. My husband has had that "plan " for years and sees no need for a smartphone. But peoples needs differ. He couldn't text if there were a prize at the end of a carrot.

2012 Honda Ridgeline
2016 195 RB.. 10,500 miles under tires as of today.
Been down many a dirt road in the west. We go where not too many rv'ers go.
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:02 PM   #13
Originally Posted by ykcamom View Post
Thanks. Most of our travel would be in the Western USA and down into Arizona. Anyone know how the ROAM service is there?

Try this link for an answer https://www.roammobility.com/coverage

Jayco Whitehawk 24RBS 2014

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote