Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayliaa View Post
My wife and I camped in Kennebunkport and loved it there. The Red Apple campgrounds was recommended to us by a friend and it was very nice, clean and close to Kennebunkport. We then traveled to Bar Harbour near Cadillac Mountain and camped near by but I can't remember the name of the campgrounds now. It was very nice though but more wooded. Spend several days there and up on the mountain. Both places are good for kids and I think you'd enjoy. We intend on going back to Kennebunkport again soon.
That Red Apple Campground looks like a nice place from what I can see online. Just far enough away from town to feel like you're camping. Surrounded by woods. Looks very clean.

A hidden gem up there?
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:09 PM   #22

As a NH native, summer RV Resident of Wells, Maine, and a lifetime camper, I concur with what others have said about splitting up your time.

I'd like to suggest you consider spending 4 to 5 days in Wells, Maine. There's a great RV CG with harbor views. Family owned, friendly, with nice sized lots. SeaVu, Route,1, Wells ... I camped there for 10 years with my Jayco popups, before buying a park model home at their other rv park, Seavu South.

Wells has great beaches, seafood restaurants, shopping, etc. It's an easy 30 minute drive to charming, historic Portsmiuth, NH, York, and Kemnebunkport, Maine. Portland is also an easy 30 minute drive. There are great amusement/water parks in Portsmouth, York and Saco.

Then, from Wells, take an easy 4 hour drive to Acadia and Bar Harbor, stopping after 2 hours to stretch and enjoy the beauty of Camden Harbor, perhaps a short drive to the top of Mt Beattie.

Enjoy 5 days at Acadia, seeing all that others have recommended, and then take the time to drive to the White Mountains of NH. Drive up Route 16 to the Conway region, do Storyland, Santas Village, then back down 16, across the Kancamaugus Highway, walk to Sabbaday Falls, see Rocky Falls, travel up route 3 and see the Basin, Glen Ellis Falls, Franconia and Crawford Notches ...

Have a wonderful time, wherever you go and whatever you do!!
Dmskayaks is offline   Reply With Quote