Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2016, 07:18 PM   #1

campground north if Indianaopolis

Hello! My son has a couple of baseball tournaments near Indianapolis this summer and we are trying to get some camping reservations made. One tournament is in Westfield and the other is a Butler University. Does anyone have any suggestions for campgrounds for either of the tournaments. We are from Michigan, so not very familiar with the area.

Thanks!
tmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:41 PM   #2

Check the Fairgrounds, I think they have camping available except fair week. There is also a KOA on the East side on I-70.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:10 AM   #3

Check out Hamilton County, IN

White River Campground
11299 E 234th Street
Cicero, IN 46034
Contact
(317) 770-4430

Full hookups, just north of Noblesville. Haven't camped there yet, but have reservations for later this year. Looks pretty nice.
J&JC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #4

Would you recommend White river for the Westfield tournament and KOA for the Butler University tournament? We are trying to figure out our best option so we can get something booked before they are full. Any other suggestions are definitely welcome. THank you so much for your input.
tmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:59 PM   #5

White River is well-maintained and operated by Hamilton County. It is more rual and less congested in the immediate area than the KOA. It is closer to Westfield. The Indianapolis east KOA is located directly adjacent to I 70 and Mount comfort RV. It would be closer to Butler however I personally would opt to White River Campground. Avoid the fairgrounds campground . Indiana state fairgrounds are located in a very unsafe part of Indianapolis.
edog535 is offline   Reply With Quote