Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #1

Camping at Apache Lake AZ

We camped from Feb. 16-20 at Apache Lake in AZ. It was glorious. Absolutely breathtaking scenery, very few people and gorgeous weather. The kids had their hammock and a swing and made a fort in the trees. They ran amok and played tags and games. They fished for crayfish (caught a few!) and learned how to row in a small raft.

We're hoping to do this trip 2-3x per year. It's worth it. But I have got to put a hitch on my minivan and pull our boat next time! Now THAT would be a fabulous trip!

Warm regards,

Kim
Attached Thumbnails
trailer view apache lk 2.jpg   kids apache lake.jpg   KG169143.jpg   KG189163.jpg   KG199173.jpg  

2008 CHEV SILVERADO Crew Cab LT
2012 Jayco X18D
PhxKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #2

Nice pics. Which way did you go in. When we went from Roosevelt to apache lake things got a little close. Even closer from Apache to Canyon lake. but it was a pretty drive. Glad you had a good time. Would not mind going there but our trailer is a little to big. Later Ernie
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #3

Hi Ernie - yes, we went in the same way - south of the Roosevelt Dam. It was fabulous. Would never consider taking the Apache Trail from AJ pulling anything. It's awful right now.

Absolutely loved Burnt Corral Campground and I'd go back this weekend if I could. I think my husband is getting ready to have me committed....

Kim

2008 CHEV SILVERADO Crew Cab LT
2012 Jayco X18D
PhxKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #4

When we went there as we got on the dirt road from Roosevelt going up the hills we met 2 class A coming down it didn't bother me but wife got a little worried cause the motorhomes were on our side and if I had to move over there were no guard rails and a LONG way dow. But like you, the scenery was really nice. Ernie
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote