Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2015, 08:01 AM   #1

cedar point amusement park

Has anyone stayed at their campgrounds? If so how are the bathroom facilities?
Looking to go there the week after 4th. Of July.
Thanks!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:38 AM   #2

It's been quite a few years, but we stayed there twice. There are 2 sections, the old style CG with only electric and water, and the newer RV resort style section with concrete pads and full hookups. We stayed in the old part. Overall it was about average for that type of setup. The bathrooms were clean but out of date. However, since the place is pretty much full up all the time and lots of people using the facilities, the bathrooms don't stay clean. They may have remodeled things since we were there though, as I said, it's been a while. That said, all our old hybrid had was a wet bath so we used public facilities most of the time. If we took our X20E there today we would not use the public facilities.

What I will say is that it was well worth staying there. Early access to the park, at night as the park is closing, they don't kick everyone out right away so you sit outside your trailer and enjoy the lights and the noise. It's a different kind of experience. You also get to use the hot tub, which is near the fancy cottages. Only drawback is no fires.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:10 AM   #3

Last year Cedar point reduce the size of the campground. It is a still a great place to stay however there is only one bathroom facility near the pool. It consists of three full-service bathrooms with tubs and showers. I would guess there is only 150 or so campsites and everybody uses those bathrooms if they do not have facilities in their campers. Last year was my first experience staying at the Cedar point campground and we loved it we could walk in the back entrance to Cedar point or there is a free shuttle that will take you to several different drop off points. We enjoyed it so much last year that we are skiing again this year memorial weekend. Remember bikes are not allowed anywhere on property and last year I seen that rule enforced.
Ccwent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
Site Team

It's been a loooong time since I last camped at Cedar Point's Camper Village (as it was called back then), but one of the best features of camping there was that you didn't have to deal with the massive traffic jam on the causeway to the parking lot and the crowds of people in line to go through the entrance gates. Gaining entrance to the park from the campground was a breeze and you had in and out privileges between the park and your campsite. This ability permitted you the option of escaping all the high-priced food in the park, along with providing a convenient place for respite.

My biggest complaint was the noise. Besides the noise emanating from the park in general, the rear of our site bordered one of the roller coasters and it ran until well after midnight.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:50 AM   #5

Its been about 2 years since we last stayed at camper village. The old bath house is now gone as they added a number of cabins in place of the last old camper circle. All camper village sites are now full hook up (including cable tv). They have 2 public restroom facilities for the camp ground. There is one main bath house (which is kept pretty clean) located in the main circle and then there are several private bathrooms in the building by the pool/laundry area (over by the light house), those are the ones I prefer. Hoping to make it there at least one time this season! Camper village by far is my favorite campground. Enjoy your self while you are there.

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:05 AM   #6

thanks for the information, our big concern is the bathrooms, having a 23b we shower in their facilities. If the shower house is decent we should have a great time with the kids. We get spoiled because one of the places that we boon dock is down at Talladega speedway and they have a brand new shower house that the staff keeps very clean even on race day.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #7

Recent reviews do show the bathrooms in a favorable light.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roving legrands View Post
thanks for the information, our big concern is the bathrooms, having a 23b we shower in their facilities. If the shower house is decent we should have a great time with the kids. We get spoiled because one of the places that we boon dock is down at Talladega speedway and they have a brand new shower house that the staff keeps very clean even on race day.
If you use the bath house by the lighthouse/pool area, there are residential style bath tub/shower combo's which might be nice if your kids are of the age of needing a tub. The main bath house just has shower stalls. Some of the reviews on the link in the post above make the bath room facilities out to be dirty, but it ive never had that issue. the wife and I have always had a RV with tub/shower and we always use it when we have full hook up, which I think many at CV do to, because I cant remember a time when I had to wait more than just a few minutes for a bathroom to open there. I suspect now that the old electric only sites are gone, wait times and actual use of the bath houses will be less.

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote