Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Country_Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhorses24 View Post
Very nice. Enjoy. We typically get 10-13 spots in San Clemente for Memorial, 4th and Thanksgiving. That's a bit harder to pull off

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks for saving some for the rest of us (and keeping your loophole to yourself)...sheesh.

Very kind of you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2016 Jay Feather X254
2001 Ford Excursion 6.8L V10 4.30's
Equal-i-zer 1000/10,000 WDH

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #42
Member
 
UpNorthMGOBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Alpena
Posts: 70
We have to book at least 6 months in advance to get what we want in the Michigan State Parks. We have already planned 5 trips and made the reservations just to make sure we can get a site. Finding if very hard to just go on a whim and have a weekend away. Now have to plan each trip. Especially as we go with 4 other parties and hard to get close sites. I have a feeling it will get worse.
__________________

UpNorthMGOBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #43
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Huntington beach
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
Thanks for saving some for the rest of us (and keeping your loophole to yourself)...sheesh.

Very kind of you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Wasn't posting to beat my chest or put you down, just letting you know its the same frustration I felt for years until I discovered how some were getting the best spots year after year. It even seems lately the little trick isn't working so good which means more are catching on...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Wildhorses24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 1,908
The popular state parks in WI are pretty hard to get into, always have been regardless of the economy. And in the past few years they've added electricity to many sites that had no improvements. Going to be even harder to get good sites now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I'll buy the cheap gas and higher sales volume. Improving economy? Not so much. I think in a good economy people would be going on vacation not doing budget friendly camp outs.
Tenting is a budget friendly camp out. RVing and owning a travel trailer and a truck to tow it with, is not budget friendly. In fact depending on where and when you are traveling, staying in a room may be the cheaper option. That said it's a lifestyle choice.
__________________
Chuck
2013 Jayco Jayfeather X20 E, 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 SLE
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Country_Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhorses24 View Post
Wasn't posting to beat my chest or put you down, just letting you know its the same frustration I felt for years until I discovered how some were getting the best spots year after year. It even seems lately the little trick isn't working so good which means more are catching on...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
No worries.

My husband calls me the queen of research so I WILL figure it out! I'm on a mission now...See what you started, lol?!

I am not too frustrated yet though as I was successful for the spots I wanted over Labor Day weekend, Memorial Day weekend and Columbus Day weekend. I only have a few more years to worry about it though as my DH will retire and we can go during the week.

Then we'll have to really figure out Internet so my home schooled kids can still go to their virtual classes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
2016 Jay Feather X254
2001 Ford Excursion 6.8L V10 4.30's
Equal-i-zer 1000/10,000 WDH

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Centennial
Posts: 29
If you figure it out, let me know - I need to reserve 2 spots for a week at the end of July 2017 at Carlsbad. It'll be the 10 year anniversary of my daughters death and we are having a family reunion. I'm getting nervous about being able to get 2 spots, let alone 2 together!
__________________
2016 Jay Flight 267BHSW
MtnPlayVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #47
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Huntington beach
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnPlayVA View Post
If you figure it out, let me know - I need to reserve 2 spots for a week at the end of July 2017 at Carlsbad. It'll be the 10 year anniversary of my daughters death and we are having a family reunion. I'm getting nervous about being able to get 2 spots, let alone 2 together!
pm sent

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Wildhorses24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Country_Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnPlayVA View Post
If you figure it out, let me know - I need to reserve 2 spots for a week at the end of July 2017 at Carlsbad. It'll be the 10 year anniversary of my daughters death and we are having a family reunion. I'm getting nervous about being able to get 2 spots, let alone 2 together!
I will tell you how I did it for the reservations I got because that's the kind of person I am. May not be any groundbreaking info but it worked almost every time so far. I also forgot to mention I got a beach reservation at Crystal Cove beach in CA on a July weekend too.

I log in early, around 7:30-7:45. I pull up on another tab the standard U.S. time which has a seconds ticker. I find the sites I want and at 10 seconds before 8 AM 6 months ahead of the month you want (the whole month you want opens up on the 1st of the month) I start clicking reserve. It refreshes pretty fast each time. We have had all 4 computers in house with a person there ready to click going before when we try to get just one spot for Yosemite.

Put on your calender reminders for February 1st. I'm sure if you ask for help here there would be some willing participants to help you...

I'm wondering if Wildhorse has some sort of software that can reserve automatically. ....hmmmm

Read this link: http://activesupport.force.com/Reser...n-Sale-Secrets

I'm very sorry about your daughter. I hope I never feel the utter grief of a child of mine going before me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________
2016 Jay Feather X254
2001 Ford Excursion 6.8L V10 4.30's
Equal-i-zer 1000/10,000 WDH

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:08 PM   #49
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Huntington beach
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
I will tell you how I did it for the reservations I got because that's the kind of person I am. May not be any groundbreaking info but it worked almost every time so far. I also forgot to mention I got a beach reservation at Crystal Cove beach in CA on a July weekend too.

I log in early, around 7:30-7:45. I pull up on another tab the standard U.S. time which has a seconds ticker. I find the sites I want and at 10 seconds before 8 AM 6 months ahead of the month you want (the whole month you want opens up on the 1st of the month) I start clicking reserve. It refreshes pretty fast each time. We have had all 4 computers in house with a person there ready to click going before when we try to get just one spot for Yosemite.

Put on your calender reminders for February 1st. I'm sure if you ask for help here there would be some willing participants to help you...

I'm wondering if Wildhorse has some sort of software that can reserve automatically. ....hmmmm

Read this link: http://activesupport.force.com/Reser...n-Sale-Secrets

I'm very sorry about your daughter. I hope I never feel the utter grief of a child of mine going before me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
No software, I do all the above as well bit your dates are off. six months is too late.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Wildhorses24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Country_Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 562
I know they say up to 7 months in advance but the only way I can figure is if you book for dates at the end of a previous month that may make your arrival too early...I'm still thinking.....😒

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2016 Jay Feather X254
2001 Ford Excursion 6.8L V10 4.30's
Equal-i-zer 1000/10,000 WDH

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.