Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #1

Country Haven - New Holland, PA & Hersey RV Show

We just got back from spending 5 days, 4 nights at Country Haven campground in New Holland, PA (Lancaster County). We survived the round trip through NYC and the Cross Bronx Expressway.

The campground has about 60 full service sites with the largest being pull through sites that can accommodate the largest class A motorhomes. About 40 of the sites have wonderful overlook views of Amish farmlands.

The campground was well kept and check in was quick and easy. It's a gated campground and we were given and access card that operated the entrance gate. The main attraction of the campground is quiet. It doesn't cater to kids with respect to having a game room, pool or playground.

This would be more a place for a quiet, adult getaway and convenient location to explore Lancaster County. Having said this it was only a 45 minute drive to the PA RV show in Hersey, Hersey Park and the Hersey factory. We spend a few hours at the show and regret not having set aside more time to browse since there were hundreds of RV's of all types and sizes.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #2

See, I told you we should have car pooled. lol

We actually stayed in Reading, PA Friday and Saturday night at a hotel and also had about a 40 minute drive to the show. Your pics look just like our view of every road in PA. lol

We were at the show from about 1030-430 Saturday and about 11-3 Sunday. Almost all of that time was with Jayco and we had a blast. We are getting one, possibly two trailers from the show.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #3

My wife and grandson wanted to do Hersey Park on Sunday so I only got a few hours at the show Saturday evening, no where near enough time to absorb all the show had to offer. We're new to RVing and I had no idea how many options in TT's, 5vers and MH's were available. I walking through a few that were just amazing. Fortunately my 23', 4500lb TT is the max I can tow with my existing TV and the 26' space I have for storage so I wasn't tempted to breakout my checkbook at the show .

CM11599PS, enjoy the new TT's

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 09-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #4

LOL, that was us last year and why we went with a hybrid. We didn't have the capacity to tow anything larger. Did you do any comparisons between brands?

I see a LOT of the Sunset Creek bunk houses from the local rental places. Every time I camp there are a SLEW of them around the park. All the same model an I'm guessing it's around 30'. I didn't know what they looked like on the inside so we finally got to see one oat the show. I wanted to know why the rental places used that particular model.

Man, what a disappointment. The entire inside looked very cheap compared to the comparable Jayco. It had things like pocket doors to the bedroom that aren't offered on the Jaycos we were looking at, although the more expensive Jaycos have pocket doors for the record. The Sunset Creeks just looked cheap. They were missing little things like the shoe storage under the entertainment center. Just MHO. lol

How was it towing off the Island? We have yet to do that and are waiting till next season for that. Which route did you take?

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #5

I got so caught up in looking at and being wowed by MH's and 5vers that I didn't really get to check out very many TT's. As mentioned, I did a ton of research on line before we purchased so I was surprised by the number of brands at the show I'd never heard of before. From what I heard the show was a big success as far as sales, and I saw a lot of "sold" signs on some of the units at the show.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC