Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #21

Lady Ann,

There is only one bus stop to get the buses to the parks that is at the Outpost bus stop at the front of the campground. The Settlement bus stop is only for the internal buses that run in the campground and to WL. With that said the internal buses do stop at every loop so a cart is not a necessity, but is sure is fun. (see link below for internal bus routes, Orange, Yellow, Purple). The best way to get to the MK is via the boat from the Marina.

If you are going for a cart I would contact Kenny at 407-516-4571 or 407-276-0809, his rates are almost half of what Disney charges and he provides very good service.

http://allears.net/acc/FWMap.pdf
Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #22

I do have a quote request in to Kenny for our dates. Hoping it will be something we can afford.

I picked the preferred location to be close to Marina for the boat access to MK. That is park we spend most of our time at when we go to Disney. It is a very long way to the front of the park from there. It looks like none of the buses have a direct route from top to bottom.

2012 Eagle SL 308 RETS
Lady Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #23

We went to Fort Wilderness this past August. My wife was worried about Hurricanes,and as it turned out, we had to leave due to a hurricane, not in Florida but at our home in NY....who'd a thought that! Anyway, as far as bikes, we did not bring them. We did rent a golf cart, and as it turned out the only time we really used it was to go to the pool..which was heated for some reason in the end of august, but it was great. We opted to not do water parks, but spent at least a day in each of the others. Campground was great....if youd like to have a beer while your there, make sure you bring it with you. 15.00 for a six of bud lite cans... We did not spend much time at the campsite.....busy busy busy.we did not do a dinning plan, and we were not impressed with the resturant in the CG...we had breakfast in the camper and dinner a couple of times. Resturants were busy,and expensive we did go out of the campground for dinner a couple of times. Many close by family friendly affordable resturaunts and close by like 3 miles away. I think we saved alot by not buying the dinning plan, and we loved having the camper where the kids could turn in, and I could stay outside for a drink and a cigar. The staff could not have been nicer and everything is so easy to get to. We surprised our twins for their 7th birthday there, and they did everything they could to make their birthday even more special...Have a great time! I'm sure you will!
ACA6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #24

made dinner reservations and got the AAA tickets for the fireworks show for the trip in July.
Prodigy Brakes
robo59097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #25

As a kid we did the trailers within FW. Hoop Dee Doo review we have done on the last 3 trips over the last 5 years and I think it is one of the best values at DW for entertainment and food. It's located just short of the General store towards the boat docks. There is not a bad seat in the whole place and it's all you can eat and drink with ribs, chicken, corn bread and strawberry shortcake. The show is fun and interactive with everyone and is still the same skit as when I was a kid. My kids love it!

Last year we went in the main gates and had to use the bus since we were offsite and it was a throw back for me 25 years ago. Still the same brown buses and yellow lit bus stops.

I am looking forward to camping in FW and while I was there did not do much scouting. If someone could shed some light on the premium vs full hookup sites I would be greatful. It looks like the premium sites are closer to the boat docks which I think is the easist route to MK and would limit my bus time. At night the busses and Monorail can get crazy.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #26

Premium sites are solid pavement. The full-hook ups and preferred have part pavement pad and part soft ground. How much of each is varied from site to site. It is some kind of seashell, but for life me I cannot spell the darn word.

The premium sites also have a wider front entrance to them that is supposed to help with the backing in of larger units.

2012 Eagle SL 308 RETS
Lady Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #27

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be taking the premium when we go as I need every foot I can get for manuvering.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be taking the premium when we go as I need every foot I can get for manuvering.
Us too, at a little over 40 Ft with our Pinnacle, the more room the better. :hihi:
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #29

Hello,
Browsing through some old threads and I saw yours with the link to the Fort Wilderness forum (Fort Friends). I hope to be planning a trip their in the future and this looks like it will be very helpful. My daughter would like to do the 'Wine and Dine' half marathon there one day, so I thought what a great time to stay at Fort Wilderness. Thanks for the posting.

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'15 Jayco Eagle 338RETS
thodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thodgson View Post
Hello,
Browsing through some old threads and I saw yours with the link to the Fort Wilderness forum (Fort Friends). I hope to be planning a trip their in the future and this looks like it will be very helpful. My daughter would like to do the 'Wine and Dine' half marathon there one day, so I thought what a great time to stay at Fort Wilderness. Thanks for the posting.
If by 'one day' you are considering the 2015 'Wine and Dine', please consider making your reservations NOW! We have our Ft. Wilderness reservations for mid-October during WDW's 'Food and Wine Festival.' I imagine The Fort could be filling up fast.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thodgson View Post
Hello,
Browsing through some old threads and I saw yours with the link to the Fort Wilderness forum (Fort Friends). Thanks for the posting.
It's actually FORT FIENDS as in "finatic"
so if you search Friends it may not show up.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:06 PM   #32

Oooops good think you had the link in your posting I saw the name but my mind filled in the spelling.

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'15 Jayco Eagle 338RETS
thodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
It's actually FORT FIENDS as in "finatic"
so if you search Friends it may not show up.
Actually, Grumpy, I was curious about that. I Googled 'Fort Friends' and it is the same as Fort Fiends. It returns
'Fort Friends - Fort Fiends'
www.fortfiends.net/forum/

A fiendishly friendly way to keep everybody happy.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Actually, Grumpy, I was curious about that. I Googled 'Fort Friends' and it is the same as Fort Fiends. It returns
'Fort Friends - Fort Fiends'
www.fortfiends.net/forum/

A fiendishly friendly way to keep everybody happy.
Never realized it would do that. But it's a good thing.[emoji1]