Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #21

Disney's Fort Wilderness

For all northern friends that want to camp at FW but don't want to haul the rigs all the way down check out Moore's Camper Rentals (mcrfl.com) they will deliver a TT to your FW site, set it up and the package includes a golf cart. Just used them before we bought our TT and they did an awesome job
Florida Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #22

We stayed four nights back in April and I can't say enough good things about the campground and the staff. Disney knows the meaning of customer service.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #23

We just returned from the Fort, very nice place. The only complaint I have with the entire experience( besides the rain) is all the non English speaking people. Disney was the same as you expect, very crowded during the summer, long lines, but nice. The amount of 16-20 year old foreign speaking kids will blow your mind, they walk and talk in their native tongue all the time. The next trip to Disney, and Fort Wilderness will not be in the summer, I need to find a time when less of these groups as described will be there. I am not bashing these tourist, they represent much of Disney's revenue, but they arrive in groups of 20 or more following a flag that one of their buddies is holding. It's really a weird thing to watch these kids follow the flag, and talk so loudly in a language all theirs.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazier View Post
We just returned from the Fort, very nice place. The only complaint I have with the entire experience( besides the rain) is all the non English speaking people. Disney was the same as you expect, very crowded during the summer, long lines, but nice. The amount of 16-20 year old foreign speaking kids will blow your mind, they walk and talk in their native tongue all the time. The next trip to Disney, and Fort Wilderness will not be in the summer, I need to find a time when less of these groups as described will be there. I am not bashing these tourist, they represent much of Disney's revenue, but they arrive in groups of 20 or more following a flag that one of their buddies is holding. It's really a weird thing to watch these kids follow the flag, and talk so loudly in a language all theirs.
That happens Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall. There are always groups of "European, Asian and South Americans" to name a few at Disney.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazier View Post
That's any global destination, no different the American tourists in any number of foreign countries. You should make a trip to Yosemite sometime, you will be amazed by both the sites and number of foreign visitors.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #26

Disney's Fort Wilderness

Their money is just as good as mine. Just imagine if the revenue from foreign tourists was not there --- Disney would not be what they are today on just American tourist revenue.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
Their money is just as good as mine. Just imagine if the revenue from foreign tourists was not there --- Disney would not be what they are today on just American tourist revenue.
No doubt their money spends the same as mine too. I would assume in the eyes of Disney that it is much easier to separate a young foreign tourist from their money, than most Americans. I wasn't stating my opinion, I was stating my observation from last week. This was not my first trip to Disney, probably will not be my last, like I said I only stated what I personally witnessed last week.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #28

Forgot which site we reserved a couple of weekends, but ended up in amongst alot of full sized motor homes, dropped down a level and was with travel trailers and pop ups, much more interaction with fellow campers, a good thing when traveling with an only child. Always look forward to a weekend there, awesome to be less than 2 hours away! Next time we will have a hybrid instead of a popup, since our power on the popup isn't on the back of the camper, we needed an extension cord for our 30 amp
jstor1 is offline   Reply With Quote