Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #1

Family Trip - Moose Hillock Lake George vs. Moose Hillock NH

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you guys have a gut opinion. I'm planning my second trip for next year and I've whittled it down to these two places for the end of June.

We've already been to Lake George RV Park, but this time around we'll get a Enterprise car so we can see more. All we did last time was ride the trolley downtown to the lake.

I've never been to NH, and I'm not sure what there would be to do up there. They list attractions, but again I know nothing about the area.

Family of 4, DDs will be 10 and 8 at that time.

Any opinions one way or the other?
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:32 AM   #2

White mountains are beautiful. Man in the Mountain, Cannon tram and Mount Washington. Depending on which side you stay of the White Mountain National Park will require a drive though the Kancamagus pass. Conway is on the east and has more commercial amenities then west in Lincoln with easier access to Mount Washington.

The pass can be done in about 1 hr to access Cannon and the Man in the Mountain with a car or TV, not a camper from Conway.

There is a CG right at the end of the pass in Conway on the river. Can't say anything good bad or otherwise, always go north in the winter skiing so it's all closed.

Lake Winnepesake area is good as well.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:47 PM   #3

Unfortunately, The Old Man of the Mountain collapsed on May 3, 2003. You can see before and after images through coin operated viewfinders at the base of the cliff.

We went to Moose Hillock NH in July 2009. Nice big sites.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:11 AM   #4

I've never been to the Moose Hillock in New York yet, But have been to the one in New Hampshire a bunch of times. Large private wooded sites and I believe this year they started doing weekend themes and all day activities to keep the kids busy. Great pirate ship / Caribbean style pool.

There are a ton of attractions in White Mountains region. Moose Hillock is on the west side of the mountain closer to Lincoln (Hobo Railroad, Whales Tale Water Park, The Flume Gorge, Clarks Trading Post, Lost River Gorge) which is a nice area of little shops and restaurants, then you can travel down the Kancamangus Highway for some incredible mountain views into Conway where you have more attractions (Story Land, Conway Scenic Railroad, Mount Washington Auto Road)
Ryan79 is offline   Reply With Quote