Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #1

Fort Wilderness Favorite Loop???????

What's your favorite Loop at Disney's Fort Wilderness and why? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Beachcomber rear 60 perc.jpg   Beachcombers 60 perc.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #2

400 premium it's close to the settlement and marina
Old 05-09-2017, 03:25 PM   #3

Sorry to get a bit off topic...but hopefully ya'll can answer a quick question? We have reservations for kiddos spring break next year in a premium site (this will be our 1st time to the Fort). How do they go about assigning you a site? Do you have to request a number at time of reservation? Do they assign you a spot upon check in?
TIA!
Old 05-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #4

My experience? We requested 2 loops, and when we showed up they told us what loop we could get into (and it wasn't one of the 2 we chose). We did get to change the site in the loop however.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #5

Sites are assigned 5 days prior to your arrival. They will try to assign you to a requested loop, but getting a specific site is "luck of the draw" You can fax a loop/site request, but you need to be flexible in your request. The fax should be done 5 days prior to arrival.

Courtesy FORTFIENDS.NET:

The fax# is:407-824-3508

Date

TO: Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground Site Assigner

Address

SUBJECT: Site Request for Month xx - xx

RE: Reservation # xxxxxxxx

I am really looking forward to my stay at the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground and am writing about campsite requests. I do understand that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed.

If possible, I would like a site in Loop xxxx with a site that will accomodate the following: (list your "stuff" here) and near (whatever you want to be near).

Thanks so much for your help, and once again I?m really looking forward to my visit to Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by email at xxx@xxx.xxx

Sincerely,

Your name here
Old 05-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #6

Thank you both for such quick responses!
Old 05-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #7

Our last trip was the 1400 loop, the girl asked what loop do you want, I said got me I will trust you to make a good choice. It turned out to be a great location, outer part of the loop on a canal, nobody behind us, very close to the pool and nightly campfire and movie. A lot of people have a favorite site and request it but if another camper is mid trip on that site you won't get it, best you can do is request a certain loop. Some like to be close to the boat dock and the settlement area which has the Trails End restaurant. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the loops, its Disney and time for fun.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #8

We stayed in 1400 about two months ago and it was an awesome loop. I had done a bunch of research and it paid off. 1400 is close to the pool and also very close to the outdoor movie/campfire area. If you have kids, I didn't see a single loop that would be better. Definitely you want a golf cart. But still you can walk to the pool and the movie area from 1400.

Absolutely copy and send that fax that is listed above. We went the week of President's day and the entire campground was booked. Full capacity. I sent that fax 5 days ahead of time and got the loop I wanted and was actually assigned two sites down from the specific site I requested. So it was very close to exactly what we asked for.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:35 PM   #9
Site Team

We have only been once but in my opinion there is not a bad loop in the place. The hole campground was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:54 AM   #10

We always stay in loops 200 or 300 - great location. Right by the boat to the Magic Kingdom. Easy walk to the evening fireworks and boat light parade.

When you make reservation just ask to have a note added to your reservation with the requested loop.
sjarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #11

Thanks for the advice we will be there next week how are the loops for us camping with dogs?

Old 05-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #12

Its hard to say what loop they will put you in, its more which site best fits your TT in the category you reserved. Our last trip we were in 1400 which is a non pet loop but the people next to us had a dog, I talked with one of the cast members and she said we try to keep people with pets in the designated pet loops but sometimes they have to go in non pet loops, she asked if I had a problem and I said no just curious.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Thanks for the advice we will be there next week how are the loops for us camping with dogs?
Pets are no problem. Depending on what type site you reserved usually dictates what loop you will be put in. With that said pets have been seen in all loops.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:12 AM   #14

Dogs welcome

Fort Wilderness is great for dogs, there is even a dog park near loop 300. Believe loop 300 is the closest loop to the lake/ferry.

Enjoy
sjarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:37 AM   #15

This picture is my current campsite at Ft Pickens Campground south of Pensacola, FL, but we are headed to Ft. Wilderness arriving on 9-27. We were in the 1200 loop the last time, but who knows. Saturday it will become known.
Attached Thumbnails
Ft Pickens Campground (Copy).jpg  

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:34 PM   #16

The only loop we don't care for is the 300 loop. Too close to the dog park for our liking. Our favorite loop is the 1400 loop, Big Bear Path. It's centrally located and parts of it are along a canal. We can bike or walk to both the settlement and the outpost. Some of the sites in the 1430s are a tight fit for larger rigs.

We have always gotten our requested loop, however we don't usually go when it is busy (usually in the fall or after Spring Break in April). A couple times we forgot to request a loop and they were able to switch us to a loop more to our liking.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:52 PM   #17

We enjoyed the 1600 loop, Timber Trail in May of 2016. We had a blast. We've decided if we go again, we won't even go to the parks more than a day or two, and just spend our week in the campground.
Retired - 1996 Coleman Cheyenne Pop-Up
RIP Chloe, a very good dog - 9/15/01-12/02/17

johnsoax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:25 AM   #18

They put us in the 600 loop it was great righ behind us was the canal and the movie / camp fire.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:09 AM   #19

Awesome coming across this today. We have been planning a trip for August and have been trying to research what is best.

I'm in a 25' TT is it worth the extra for the premium or preferred spots? Going for a week.

tjm0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm0914 View Post
Awesome coming across this today. We have been planning a trip for August and have been trying to research what is best.

I'm in a 25' TT is it worth the extra for the premium or preferred spots? Going for a week.

What you need to do is check out videos of the campground on Youtube, search for Fort Wilderness Loop Videos. The premium have a larger concrete pad than the preferred sites. Our last trip was in 1400 loop which was close to the pool, nightly campfire and movie. Some like to be closer to the boat docks, I don't think you can go wrong with any campsite at the fort. Here is a video of the 1400 loop, https://youtu.be/U1446ebQc_Q