Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #1

Going to Banff this summer . . . need helpful info!

Hi everyone,

We are going to Banff and Lake Louise with a big rig, our 32BHDS. Any suggestions on where we should camp? Any other helpful info?

Thanks.

Ensign
Yamaha EF3000iseb generator
Renogy 100 Watt Solar Suitcase
ensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #2

What are you looking for in CG features? Full hookup electric only or primitive?
The only full hook ups in Banff are at Tunnel Mountain.. main... there are lots of primitive CG's but most will not handle a 32' rig... Mosquito Creek is about 20 miles up the Ice field highway from LL and is a very nice CG... I spent 4 weeks hosting there last summer... Kicking Horse CG is another beautiful CG and had showers and flush toilets.. I hosted there for 2 weeks last summer... Check with me in Early May as I should know by then where I am camping and will have access to more info at that point..
Here is a link to the rates etc.. http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/banff/v...s_E.asp?park=1

This one is even better and has clickable links
http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/ab/ban...v/camping.aspx
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #3

Banff is the best have great trip!
Biker crd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #4

We were in Banff last summer (July 2012) and loved it. As I recall, we stayed at Tunnel Mt Village II (which doesn't have full hook-ups (we didn't want that)). There is only one section of Tunnel Mt that has full hook-ups -- it's called Tunnel Mt Village Trailer. See http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/ab/ban...v/camping.aspx As you'll see, Tunnel Mt Village is about 8kms from downtown Banff. "Camping" at Tunnel Mt Village II (maybe Village I, too) is more akin to a rest area; when the park remodeled a few years ago, it decided to pave wide roadways and designate camp sites on the outer edge of the roadway. Visit the link and click on Village II for a view. If you're looking for something more remote, you may want to check-in with Seann45.

However, the Walmart parking lot "look and feel" didn't bother us because most of the time we were sightseeing; we didn't spend much time at the campsite. There are hundreds of hiking trails throughout the Icefields Parkway. http://www.icefieldsparkway.ca/journey.html We spent one day driving from Banff to Jasper (and then back), taking time to visit the Columbia icefields and other sightseeing opportunities. You can see lots because it doesn't get dark until about 10:30pm!!! Be careful of wildlife on the Icefields Parkway.
Iota DLS-55, Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C, Trimetric TM-2025

WIBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #5

The town of Banff is really a tourist destination. It's great to visit for food and shopping but you will want to go to the surrounding areas for the best experience. I've camped many time in tunnel mountain but that was when I was younger and we used a tent. Be sure to use the food lockers if they are reporting bears in the area!!. I used to love getting up in the morning to start a fire for breakfast and the caribou were wandering near by! The hiking is the best!!! Go to the Rose and Crown for the best Beer Batter Fish & Chips in Alberta!!! The hot springs are a must see/do!!!!
JaycoNB is offline   Reply With Quote