Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #1

Going to Gulf Shores St. Park. Any reviews?

This will be our first "long trip", about six hours from N. Georgia. The campground looks great and the area offers more attractions than we will have time for in one week, especially with Gulf right there. We are definitely going to see the Battleship Park but would love to here any can't miss attractions anyone knows about. Peace and Happy Camping!
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:25 AM   #2

Grand-kids liked Alligator Alley in Summerdale.

Lu Lu's restaurant...She is Jimmy Buffet's sister. No reservations and they are always busy.

Lambert's Restaurant in Foley, Home of the Thrown Rolls.. Again No Ressies and also no Credit cards.

Get up early and drive to Penascola.. Try to get here by 9:00 to get a place to park for the Blue Angels Practice flights if their schedule matches your dates.

INFO: Blue Angels Practices & Autographs - National Naval Aviation Museum

SCHEDULE :http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/media...ceSchedule.pdf
Old 07-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #3

Please let us know how you like it, that is a place on our list too.
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:18 AM   #4

Not going till October, if I forget remind me and I will be glad to. We are excited we've never been there.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:24 PM   #5

Sitting in spot #477 right now. Nice park lots to do. Spending most of our time at the beach or pool with 3 9 year olds
Old 07-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #6

Nice, I think our site is number is in the 20's, supposed to be on lake. Looking forward to all the bike trails and definitely the beach!
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
Old 07-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #7

We traveled from Minn. to there this past May. LOVED the park, overall. Their office computers were down for several days, and they had real problems dealing with assigning sites. Our initial one on the lake was given away, and we were directed to two others that were not as "premium" that also already had someone there. They got very testy when I suggested several sites that were open, as they were already "reserved" by someone coming in the next day (what about our reservations???). They finally found us a pretty marginal site (in my view), and of course all the ones I suggested stayed open during our entire stay.
WiFi was down for the whole time. Not a huge deal for us, but again staff was pretty "so what" when I politely asked about it.

Despite that, it is one our short list of places to return to!
Old 07-23-2015, 05:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
We traveled from Minn. to there this past May. LOVED the park, overall. Their office computers were down for several days, and they had real problems dealing with assigning sites. Our initial one on the lake was given away, and we were directed to two others that were not as "premium" that also already had someone there. They got very testy when I suggested several sites that were open, as they were already "reserved" by someone coming in the next day (what about our reservations???). They finally found us a pretty marginal site (in my view), and of course all the ones I suggested stayed open during our entire stay.
WiFi was down for the whole time. Not a huge deal for us, but again staff was pretty "so what" when I politely asked about it.

Despite that, it is one our short list of places to return to!

Wow, sorry to hear about the hassles but it must be a great place if it made the places to return list. We'll keep our fingers crossed management has things corrected when we go and from the sounds of things have a great time.
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"