Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #41

My family and I went to Ocean Lakes in the "off" season and it was pleasant. The campground has won nationwide awards numerous times. I think it completely depends on your situation and the timing as to whether you will like it or not. We really loved having a site that was literally 30 feet or so from the ocean water. Sadly, there was no view due to the sand dunes but we could hear the ocean and get to it within seconds. The convenience was great. They have a lot of amenities on site and we really enjoyed ourselves finding littler reason to leave the premises except for a few dinner trips.
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:50 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
I have not camped yet in this NE area since I usually spend all winter up there skiiing, but here are a few sugestions. White mountains area in NH is beautiful. Mass has Normandy Farms if you want to trek into Boston. Also the Springfield Mass area has some decent CG's in the region and the basketball hall of fame, six flags NE.

Then there is Southern Maine along the coast which is on my radar for a trip within the next year or 2.

If you like racing Watkin's Glenn is coming up in a few weeks, though tough to get a nice CG now this late. After it though the Finger lakes area and the state park gorge is a nice place to visit.

Keep in mind that Aug nights do get colder and it has been below normal in the Adirondacks this season. It's already been hitting the 50's a few nights in July and Aug is usually colder.
We are going to six flags new england. Have you been to the KOA or Prospect mountain campground? Can't go to Sodom because we have a dog that we will not kennel during the day
2017 Jayco Jayflight 28bhbe Elite and thermal package
2014 Jayco White Hawk 28dsbh(traded in)
mesuezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #43

I have not camped west of NYS border. I spend all winter up in that area and like a change of scenery.

As for SFNE that area is very commercial. We have entertained doing a seasonal site for the fall weekends in that area, but have yet to do so. A week is a long time for SFNE and I would look east of the area and drive in a few days rather than stay as close as possible.

Last time I was there was before kids and the main roller coaster was still called Superman. Also was there as kid when it was Riverside.

Did the hotels back then and again a week in that area might be a stretch in a camper. If you open up to an hour around in a radius you will find some real nice CG's for a nice weeks stay.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote