Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #1

Jelly Stone Parks anyone??

We we so impressed with the Jelly Stone Park in Tabor City NC this past Easter weekend we are sure to go again this season. This park is only 1hr tops for us so a quick weekend get away with the kids but we were wondering if anyone can comment on the Emporia and Natural Bridge parks in VA if you've been? I think it would be nice to head up noth some in the fall when the leaves start to change.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #2

Thumbs up

Haven't been, but I hear that the Park Ranger will tuck you in each night
Old 06-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #3

Haven't been to Natural Bridge CG, but some others you might consider are Shenandoah Valley CG in Verona, VA, or Country Waye in Luray. We stayed in Verona a few weeks ago - very nice, and a lot available to do. Have visited Country Waye - also very nice, but haven't stayed there yet. Also, farther north is Candy Hill in Winchester - our first trip this season, and very enjoyable.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:30 AM   #4

First time at a Jellystone was last weekend in Woodstock New Brunswick....
Best CG we've ever been too for kids. Liked it so much we're heading back for a full week next weekend. I doubt we'll go anywhere else this summer. Plus, we'll be looking to try other Jellystone locations as time goes by.
dddire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #5

Heading to our first one in July in Quarryville, PA. Heard mostly good reviews so hope it's up to par with some. We have younger kids so it seems there is plenty to do as well as the area which we have been too several years ago. I'll post a review once the trip is completed. Natural Bridges area is on our future list so it's nice to hear postives about that CG.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #6

We went to Jellystone in Eureka, MO last year and had a nice time. The staff was very friendly and the park was really clean. The campistes left a little to be desired but good time none the less.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
Heading to our first one in July in Quarryville, PA. Heard mostly good reviews so hope it's up to par with some. We have younger kids so it seems there is plenty to do as well as the area which we have been too several years ago. I'll post a review once the trip is completed. Natural Bridges area is on our future list so it's nice to hear postives about that CG.
We've stayed at the one in Quarryville (in fact we were there a few months ago for the week) and it was a very nice park, with a lot of amenities (and huge lots)!
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by exthemius View Post
We've stayed at the one in Quarryville (in fact we were there a few months ago for the week) and it was a very nice park, with a lot of amenities (and huge lots)!
Great I was worried about the size with my length being 40ft so I sprung for one of the premium pull throughs. Any road issues with bridges on the approach? Looking at coming in on PA 222 from 78? I've been searching online but can't really see any issues yet. Have a truck GPS and backup RM truck atlas as well but any local insight would be welcome. Thanks.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
Great I was worried about the size with my length being 40ft so I sprung for one of the premium pull throughs. Any road issues with bridges on the approach? Looking at coming in on PA 222 from 78? I've been searching online but can't really see any issues yet. Have a truck GPS and backup RM truck atlas as well but any local insight would be welcome. Thanks.
I don't remember there being any issues at all coming in, but we were coming in from the south (we were in Memphis TN the week before). I can say that we are currently in a 27' (soon to be 32') so my comment about size was more about the entire size of our lot (both width and height) -- but we saw a few very large 5th'ers there, so you should be okay. We use the Rand McNally RVND5510 for our GPS and it simply routed us directly there through Lancaster.
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #10

We spent 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend this year with our son, DIL and G-son at the park in Waller TX. The little guy had a ball (5 yrs) and although he didbn't know who Yogi, Booboo and Cindi were he got into the swing quick enough. Great water slides and pool area. A snack bar that sold drinks, burgers, pizzas and the like for what seems a pretty fair price.
Being Memorial Day w/e, it was PACKED. They also rent golf carts and I think there were more carts than cars/trucks.
It's a little pricy for just a campground but with the pools, slides, mini golf etc, not bad. We plan to return with the little guy (he reminds us of this everytime we see him).

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #11

We just booked TaborCity NC Jelly Stone again next month and got a bit better site than last time. the kids are looking fwd to using the pools this time now that its warm enough to use.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #12

Anyone been to the one in New Hampshire? I went there a lot as a kid and remember good things but reading reviews online, they seem very mixed and all over the place. We are going the week of July 4th. I hope its not as bad as the "Bad" reviews online.
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #13

We stayed at natural Bridge over the 4th and loved it. This was over the period of time that the power was out and we still had a good time. There is lots to do around the area.
roccoecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #14

My parents started taking me to jelly stone parks here in MI back in the mid to late 80's. I loved it as a kid and once I had kids I started taking them there. Our favorite is in Grayling. I think we have stayed there 13 nights this year, and we have reservations again in a few weeks.
jjotmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #15

WE love the Jelly Stone Park in Freemont Indiana We is from the Detroit subs and it’s not such a bad drive it has lots of amenity’s 3 outdoor pools splash park
Mini golf and a indoor pool a little pricy if you stay in the premium lots but well worth it we always have a great time
outofhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #16

We stayed at the one here in Central Texas...I think it's close to Canyon Lake. Anyway my little girls loved it...my wife liked it. For me it was just ok at best. Yeah it is expensive for a CG and the pad spots are way too close together.... basically all you have is a gravel pad about twice as wide as your trailer I don't like to be cooking outside and be able to look into the next trailers windows or have others doing the same to me.

But that aside the kids loved it and I know we will return one of these days...I won't be the one pushing that trip.
CakeHenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #17

Quote:
But that aside the kids loved it
The things we do for our kids....
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #18

True JAMMFAM! Honestly they love camping no matter where we go at this point but my 5 year old has specifically asked to go there again. I'm sure it will be a once a year thing.
CakeHenn is offline   Reply With Quote