Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #1

Lady Bird Johnson RV park

we are heading down to Fredricksburg in the Texas Hill Country tomorrow and we have a spot at the citys Lady Bird Johnson Municipal RV Park.anyone ever stayed there or is there a better spot,been B&B's in past for us..We plan on about 3 days in the area then maybe head up to Dinasour Valley State Park friday for a day or 2 with possibly a stop at Lake Benbrook and the CoE park.
Its kinda slow in my ac/heating business now so we thought before the heat wave hits get some RV camping in.We really like the Hill Country cause its so different from our piney woods here in North East Tx.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #2

I'll bet Lady Bird Johnson RV Pk has lots of flowers.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #3

Lady Bird Johnson RV park

I have never been to lady bird, but i am sure its nice! We were over that way at christmas on a 4 park 15 day trip. Stayed at garner, lost maples, and perdnales st park, with a road trip on christmas eve to enchanted rock. If you like rock and state parks road trip up 18 miles north of fredricksbugh to see it.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358814779.560621.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	6202Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358814837.575295.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	6204
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #4

It was a great park when we stayed there in 1977. :hihi:
Old 01-25-2013, 05:53 AM   #5

It's quiet and clean.Spaces or just too close for us.we had 3days but left early,now way up at Dinosaur Valley State PArk near Glen Rose.almost empty,maybe 10 rv's.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx22f/c View Post
I have never been to lady bird, but i am sure its nice! We were over that way at christmas on a 4 park 15 day trip. Stayed at garner, lost maples, and perdnales st park, with a road trip on christmas eve to enchanted rock. If you like rock and state parks road trip up 18 miles north of fredricksbugh to see it.Attachment 6202Attachment 6204
Been to the top of Enchanted Rock several times and never gets dull to get up there.We did Perdenales Falls last May.we just have never stayed inFredericksburg in our 5er before ,always at a B&B as there just isn't any close state/corps parks .
Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx22f/c View Post
I have never been to lady bird, but i am sure its nice! We were over that way at christmas on a 4 park 15 day trip. Stayed at garner, lost maples, and perdnales st park, with a road trip on christmas eve to enchanted rock. If you like rock and state parks road trip up 18 miles north of fredricksbugh to see it.Attachment 6202Attachment 6204
Been to the top of Enchanted Rock several times and never gets dull to get up there.We did Perdenales Falls last May.we just have never stayed inFredericksburg in our 5er before ,always at a B&B as there just isn't any close state/corps parks .