Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #1

Looking for recommendations for Maine, New Hampshire and Mass for next summer

Hi folks,

We just upped our tow vehicle and it has given us a new sense of freedom with our travel trailer. Normally we stay pretty close to home but are thinking that we would like to take a road trip next summer and travel a bit in Maine, New Hamphshire, Mass and possibly up-state New York. Does anyone have any recommendations for campgrounds in these states? We are a family of 4 (kids ages 6 and 11) with a dog and a husband who loves to salmon/trout fish. We don't need a lot of campground activities to keep us happy just beautiful scenery and friendly faces! We don't have a route picked out yet so nothing is out of the question.

Thanks for the help!
Hitch girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

My two favorite spots are Mount Desert Island in Maine(28 nights so far this year) and the northern White Mountains in NH. Lancaster area is beautiful and have stayed at Umbagog Lake as well in NH....it is unbelievable there. You won't want to leave
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #3

You can't go wrong with the White Mountains in NH. We stayed at LOST River campground near North Woodstock NH years ago and loved it. We have also stayed at the KOA's in Littleton NH and Twin Mt. For scenery I say LOST River.

-2013 F150 4x2 SuperCab 3.5EB
-2011 Jay Flight 22FB (SOLD)
Upuaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upuaut View Post
You can't go wrong with the White Mountains in NH. We stayed at LOST River campground near North Woodstock NH years ago and loved it. We have also stayed at the KOA's in Littleton NH and Twin Mt. For scenery I say LOST River.
X2 for the Lost River. Great CG that's close to all the attractions. We will make a return.
For upstate NY if your looking for no hook ups then I'd recommend Luzerne and Moreau Lake State Park. Both have large wooded sites and are within 10 minutes to Lake George.If your looking for full hook up then there is the Lake George RV Park and several others like it in Lake George.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #5

I posted about the State Park system in Maine. So far, I don't think you can find a bad one. They are all really private, located in State Parks, so they are immaculate. Most don't have power hook ups, but they are $18/night.

We just went to Rangeley State Park. Rangeley lake has world class fishing. Just saying.
Nolaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #6

We basically spent our summer blogging about New England for Jayco. We visited New Hampshire, Cape Cod, and Maine. Please check out our posts for loads of information and pictures on these locations.

blog.jayco.com
livelylittlecampers is offline   Reply With Quote