Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #21

Just got back home from disney. We left Michigan Friday afternoon, took it slow on the way down and broke the trip up over three days

Stopped in at eagles roost in GA, that will work great for us on our trip down with the camper. Decided to hotel it the first night

We spent a day at fort wilderness, rented a golf cart and did some swimming at the meadows pool. Made a reservation for February 1-13, premium full hookup. Requested to be close to meadows.

Fort wilderness is beautiful. My four year old has been begging to go ride her golf cart around again. Pondering a golf cart rental or just taking the bikes....

All in all it was a great trip. I see a few spots on the drive down that will test the van, but I am confident it will handle it nicely...
Old 09-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8ingbull View Post
Just got back home from disney. We left Michigan Friday afternoon, took it slow on the way down and broke the trip up over three days

Stopped in at eagles roost in GA, that will work great for us on our trip down with the camper. Decided to hotel it the first night

We spent a day at fort wilderness, rented a golf cart and did some swimming at the meadows pool. Made a reservation for February 1-13, premium full hookup. Requested to be close to meadows.

Fort wilderness is beautiful. My four year old has been begging to go ride her golf cart around again. Pondering a golf cart rental or just taking the bikes....

All in all it was a great trip. I see a few spots on the drive down that will test the van, but I am confident it will handle it nicely...
Mount Eagle is one that comes to my mind... I have seen many accidents in the northern side of the mountain pass when we head to Florida. Just take it slow and you should be fine!

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Made a reservation for February 1-13, premium full hookup. Requested to be close to meadows.

All in all it was a great trip. .
See you there. We should be in the 400 loop. Glad you had a great trip. We're on our way there now, staying in the Good Sam Park across from Eagle's Roost.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
Mount Eagle is one that comes to my mind... I have seen many accidents in the northern side of the mountain pass when we head to Florida. Just take it slow and you should be fine!
That's about the only spot I see giving us any engine or braking problems. Other wise it's basically a flat straight drive.

We have had the van/trailer on the big hills around traverse city, but those nothing compared to the climb at Mont Eagle (and that's not a real mtn at all, compared to out west)

Without the trailer the van just flies right up with out a problem...
Old 09-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
See you there. We should be in the 400 loop. Glad you had a great trip. We're on our way there now, staying in the Good Sam Park across from Eagle's Roost.
We requested the 600 or 800 loops. We will look for your rig, judging by the picture in your signature it's pretty distinctive
Old 10-01-2014, 06:20 AM   #26

Quote:
We requested the 600 or 800 loops. We will look for your rig, judging by the picture in your signature it's pretty distinctive
Actually we'll be in our new PINNCALE by then, but the DISNEY stuff will still be up.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #27

So not to change the subject (although I did that post's ago, sorry), I see there are a few here that go to FW on a regular basis. Are there benifits to staying there other than the Disney Experiance, or is it only that?
We have a time share on ponciana blvd, near 192 (which is only a couple miles away from the main gate). I think it would be cool to stay at FW, but would have a hard time justifing the cost of pulling the camper there, even if we didn't have the time share.

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #28

We haven't yet stayed at fw, but for us the "Disney Experience" is worth the expense. We are Disney Vacation Club members, and have been wanting to try Fort Wilderness for awhile now. We have stayed off-site when we run out of points, but we really do enjoy disney and the resorts. The way we do our trips it's just a very calm relaxed way to vacation. Last trip we were in orlando for business so we rented a 4bed at Bonnet Creek. Very nice, but just doesn't have the disney feel for us. I would recommend BC to anyone though, great resort.

This is our first year wth the camper and I know the kids are going to be missing it by February, so it will give us a nice break mid-winter. Thinking about extending our trip a week and going into south Florida a bit.

As far as cost goes, we are fortunate enough to have company vehicles and fuel, so that helps a lot. Unlimited time off helps too