Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2016, 09:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbravo View Post
I just wish the stone areas were paved or grass. It would be easier for the kids to ride bikes, etc. It is a nice park.

Would you recommend the one in NH? We are heading that way next year.
I have only stayed there once and it was in a tent probably 10 years ago. I know it's in a great area not too far from a lot of White Mountain attractions, and the pool is awesome. I just can't remember the RV section itself.

Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:43 AM   #12

Thank you.

hbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschimm View Post
We just spent the 1st week of August at Moose Hillock near Lake George NY. I've been in the area years ago with a bunch of guys on bikes, but this was our first family camp vacation in the area.This campground is the 2nd owned by the family. The first is in the White Mtns of NH. We have been to the NH one many times, and decided to try this 2 or 3 year old sister campground out. WOW. This campground was carved out of a blank canvas and they obviously took all that they learned from the first and put it into the second. Huge level and very private sites, amazing pool, excellent and friendly service from everyone we encountered. Lake George area has plenty to do as well. From lake activities, to outlet shopping, to historic forts, etc. It's a great combination of a lake valley, surrounded by beautiful mountains and rolling farmland roads. Whether you're retired, bunkhouse full of kids, or young tenters, there is a ton to do.
Thanks for the info ! We're staying at Lake George RV Park now, think we'll take a ride over there and check it out
Future Projects : Kitchen faucet w pulldown sprayer DONE , bathroom faucet and shower head DONE, dimmer for awning lights DONE, Clear door window kit DONE, internal&external fridge fans
denn888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:00 PM   #14

All in all I like Moose Hillock Lake George. There are a few items to be aware of. First, the roads are not paved and have rather large stones and kick up a lot of dust, so be prepared. While the pool is beautiful, it lacks any depth for the older kids to better enjoy. WiFi is not available at your site, however I am told that near the pool that service is available. Finally, the shows are outside. Again, not an issue however if you're used to LGRVP, you will miss the indoor air conditioned show.

As for the sites however, they are awesome! Very private and large. Most have good shade and are semi-level, you will likely need leveling boards for the wheels.
Streamline your A/C
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #15

Yes, very much so. Less gravel, more hard packed dirt, as this campground is an older one. Also great pool, great local stuff to do. My kids have more fun swimming in the river just outside the entrance at the bottom of the hill.

jschimm is offline   Reply With Quote