Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2014, 05:53 AM   #1

Nashville/Lexington/Roanoke Area

We usually take a trip south in November for a few days. Typically, it will be an east coast destination (Mytle Beach, OBX, ect). This year, we would like to drive straight south.

A 10 hour drive south from Buffalo, NY, would put us in the Nashville/Lexington/Roanoke Area. Google mapping it, I see Daniel Boone Nation forest, Cherokee National Forest and a few others.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for campgrounds in this area. We are open to any suggestions.

Kris
LkptRvPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #2

Smile Nashville Campgrounds

We have stayed @ Nashville KOA & Yogi Bear Jellystone Park on Music Valley Dr in Nashville TN. Both are nice parks, close to a lot of stuff to do, great for a stop over, we did on our way to Destin FL. Also a KOA Nashville North, have not stayed there.

Happy Camping!

Buckeyejim
Columbus Oh
buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #3

Where are you going? Nashville would have you going West of Lexington, not South. . Nashville is on I-65 and Lexington is on I-75.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
Site Team

US Army Corps of Engineers campground?

Are you looking to have FULL hookup? If you can do with just electric and water SEVEN POINTS is a real nice campground. We stayed there for a week last summer. Really enjoyed it. It is 10 miles east of downtown Nashville.

Don

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/se...O&parkId=71412
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
Site Team

One more for you - 2 rivers campground

The first week in June we will be at a campground called 2 rivers. If you just want to see the sites of Nashville, this is a good place as they have a shuttle service that stops right in front of the campground and brings you back (each hour there is a run). We are going to the Country Music Awards that week. Concerts, ball game.... and I do not have to drive!

Parking in Nashville can be expensive!!!

The only downside is that it is located right next door to Camping World$$$$

http://www.tworiverscampground.com/

Don

If you do not mind driving to Nashville I would go for the SEVEN POINTS campground.

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/se...O&parkId=71412
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:28 AM   #6

Mustang: Seven points looks great!! Unfortunately, it closes in October and we are looking for a November trip. I fear we may be running into this issue a lot looking for a campground this far north late in the year.

Grumpy: We have no specific destination in mind. Just 10 hours south of New York.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #7

We camp at Nashville Shores every year. its between seven points CG and the 3 campgrounds by Camping world. its a round 50 bucks a night but all camping is that price around Nashville except seven points. very well kept with super clean bath house. full hook ups

2012 Jayco Eagle 351 mkts
2012 F250 powerstroke 4 x 4
rsbwjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #8

Too bad about the time frame. We live in Nashville and camp at Seven Points frequently. It is absolutely wonderful. Peaceful, huge sites, beautiful scenery, quiet. It's a hidden jewel of a campground. The only drawback is no sewer sites. But, it is such a nice place I contend with that just to be able to stay there.
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:26 PM   #9

OP here - I'm resurrecting this old thread because we are again planning this trip. It's been moved to February time frame.

Any ideas for some good winter camping in South East US (North Carolina/Tennessee area)? Most of the campgrounds I've looked into are not open in February.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #10

There is a great campground at Cumberland Gap National Park. They are open year round. Great bathhouses, however the sites are electric only no sewer or water. It's about 20-25 miles from Corbin, KY off of I-75. Might be a little out of your way. Also a great campground at Boonesborough State Park near Lexington. Not sure if they are open year round.
Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote