Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2014, 04:30 PM   #1

Niagara

Best campgrounds around niagara falls we are going next summer
striper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #2

I have heard that the best camping is on the canadian side. However I have not been there. I did find a place on the US side called Branches of Niagra that looks great.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #3

I saw that too I thought it look good too I will keep looking I have some time we are going up the 4th of July
striper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #4

great three. Were going up next year also. Looking forward to hear all about it
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #5

Striper44 let me know where you go and what attractions are good. I am planning on going out there in 2016 about the same time of year.

Thanks
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #6

We live about 30 mins away from the Falls (canadian side). We enjoy Jellystone the best (been there probably 10 times or so) Nice spots, extremely clean, and great people... Whether you have kids or not. We camped last year at easter at the KOA... It was nice but it was still early in the year. My wife and I could not fathom being there in the summer when it's busy as the spots are close together and not very large.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #7

Several pervious threads that touch on this, but what seems to come out so often when ??'a about CG's comes up, so many posts go to Jellystone and similar "big box" type franchise facilities. DW and I have always been attracted to State Parks, NF and NP's and have almost always found them to be good places to set up for a few days. Fewer aminities maybe but when we go on RV trips, we go to visit the local attractions [ie N Falls] and do not look to the CG to provide our entertainment.

A few years ago when we visited the falls, we stayed at the NY State park just a few miles from the actual falls park [no camping at the falls] and found it quite nice. CG sits right on the bank of the lake and is well layed out and easy to get to. Not crowded when we were there in the Fall, but the sites were not crammed on top of each other and the facilities were clean and just a short walk from your site. Trip over to the falls takes less than 30 or 40 minutes. Anyone who has visited the falls quickly discovers that while the Falls park facility is well worth visiting, the town and urban area surrounding the park, is sketchy at best. I would not have felt comfortable parking my car on the street even a block outside the park. My point is you do not want camp near the falls park and it will not be a surprise as to why when you actually see the area outside the park.

The NY state park is my recommendation.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #8

We stayed at Four Mile Creek State Park (NY) this past 4th of July which is about 20 minutes north of the Falls. They did not have full hook-ups but the sites are large...well most of them are. You can pick your site when making reservations and see what they look like but make your reservations soon because they fill up fast. They have a new shower facility and dump station. One of the benefits of staying here is that your parking fee at Niagara Falls is included so you can save a bit of money there . Just a side note; there was a large field behind us and the campers over there had a sheet placed over their trailer and projected their wii on it...Amazing what you see these days.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #9

I only gave the canadian perspective. You won't find any Provincial Park camping near the Falls. You will have to depend on the KOA's and Jellystone type of parks if you want to be near the falls, smaller parks 15-20 mins away.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #10

If you are already on the US side, book in at Branches on Grand Island. Camped many times there, nice spot, and fairly new too. Would highly recommend Branches.
smacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote