Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
Although I have not been to FL in my camper, in a vehicle I know Daytona allows you to drive right on the hard packed sand to access the ocean. You might try the Cocoa beach area as well. Maybe call a campground in those areas and ask if they know of any in their areas that are directly on the ocean if a search does not locate one for you.

They may be state or county parks with limited access or require special permits issued to residents. It's that way here in NY and 4WD only in most applications.

Myrtle Beach has a rather large one with Ocean Front sites for campers. Though I don't know the name.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
Site Team
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post

Myrtle Beach has a rather large one with Ocean Front sites for campers. Though I don't know the name.
Lakewood and Ocean Lakes both have ocean front sites. Several more also in the MB area.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
Thanks for all of the replies!! This gives me a lot of options to look at. I really appreciate the information!!
2011 Greyhawk 31FS
Kleinhdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #14
While / if you are in the Florida panhandle (northwest Florida) be sure to check out Destin, FL. There is a great park there with ocean-front sites. Also, if in the Gulf Shores, AL area (close to Destin) there is a state park within 1/2 mile from the beach. These two are within 250 miles from our home, so I know there are nice.
Mike & Gail
2011 Greyhawk 31SS
prevoiusly had a Jayco Jay Flight 26BH - loved it! :)
MichaelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #15
ive visited 3 of Floridas state parks that were on or very close to the gulf. Henderson beach,St Andrews and Top Sail. i would recommend any of these if you are in the panhandle area.
09 Nissan Titan
11 Jayfeather Select 28R
Equalizer hitch
Cole 28r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:47 AM   #16
I'll jump in here and toss in my .02cents worth. There are a number of state parks along the ocean, including Anastasia(I believe I spelled that right) new St. Augustine, Gamble Rodgers (which someone mentioned already) a bit north of Daytona Beach, Sebastian Inlet quite a bit south of K. Space Center, several in the Florida Keys (Long Key is currently closed to camping because of construction). The trouble with the State Park campgrounds is trying to get a reservation during the cooler part of the year. Make sure to plan ahead and reserve early. U can type in Florida State Parks in ur browser and get more information than you most likely could ever want, including the ability to reserve sites. Good luck and enjoy

AIM2PLM is offline   Reply With Quote