Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2016, 04:47 AM   #11
We stayed a week at Rivers Edge in 2015 and enjoyed the stay. It was right before the Parkway so dragging a 30ft TT in wasn't an issue. Then each day we went out on day trips battling traffic on the Parkway or some other local roads. But we are from NJ and used to traffic. Im sure there are other nice rv parks in the area. Enjoy the trip.

fjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #12
Originally Posted by NYRV'R View Post
Heading down to Pigeon Forge TN for a little R&R the end of next week and will be staying at Pine Mountain RV Park. I will be coming South on I81 to I40 arriving in Pigeon Forge around 3 pm next Friday. I planned on taking the most direct route, exit 407 off I40, south on 66 to 441 (The Parkway) into Pigeon Forge. I am being told the Parkway can become a parking lot at times and was wondering if there is a better way (with a 40 ft 5th wheel). I have heard that Veterans Blvd may be a better alternative. Looking for those experienced with that area to guide me in the right direction.
Don't show up on a Friday afternoon or for that matter on a weekend or whenever an event is planned for PF or Gatlinburg. Townsend is a great alternative. The middle of PF is about the worst you could have picked unless you are in to outlets and amusement parks. Its done so enjoy and use your time to plan a different location for the next trip.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote