Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #11
Red face Gatlinburg Camping

We spent a week at Anchor Down Rv park in Dandridge TN, just 15-20 minutes from Gatlinburg. This park has million dollar views of Douglas Lake & the Smokey Mts. The trees in this area would be beautiful in Oct. A fun trip is to the Bush Bean Plant & Grill. Check the park out, not cheap but well worth the stay.

Columbus OH
Eagle 322FKS
Ram Diesel

buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #12
A couple nice CG's in Townsend TN which is 15-30mins away from PF and Gatlinburg, the KOA is nice and clean, and Tremont CG is adjacent/close to the KOA. If you have a toad getting to the tourist traps will much easier than in a MH due to traffic is heavy almost year round anymore.

'08 Greyhawk 31SS
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods
We stayed off Wears Valley road as well. There are several campgrounds that are all about the same. Just remember to allow yourself extra time to drive somewhere as the main drag can be a parking lot from hell! The shuttle bus stops at several of the RV parks but I have never taken it. Just drive as most things are relatively close by.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:14 PM   #14
You have got to eat @ The Apple Barn. It is the best!!!!! Also there is a Coleman store and Knife Works that has alot of interesting things to look at. I have never stayed in any of the campgrounds there. So I am no help there. You can also get to Cherokee NC from Pigeon Forge and I personally think thats more fun goign there to see the sites.
navymomX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #15
Can't compare to other local CGs, but DW and I just spent a week at River Plantation RV Resort in the edge of Sevierville. Nice place. Clean facilities and lots of trees. Sites and roads allow plenty of room to maneuver. Some sites are back against the Little Pigeon River.

This park is on the main drag that runs from Sevierville into Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, so one can be at the heart of the action in minutes........unless there is a huge cruise-in going on. In that case it may take hours. Turning left out of the CG can be tricky, as there is no traffic signal. But U-turns are OK in the area, so during heavy traffic, a couple of times we made a right out of the park and then a u-turn at a light. We stayed in a 30A/full hookup, pull through site for $35.50/night.

2014 White Hawk Summit Edition 27DSRL
2013 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew EcoBoost
Blue Ox Sway Pro BXW1000
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:06 AM   #16
Gatlinburg RV Park

I'm planning a trip to Gatlinburg in the Spring. I remember seeing an RV park
at the bottom of the hill before going into Gatlinburg. That's between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Anyone know the name of it? And would it be a nice place to stay for long weekend?
rcdurango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #17
The Tom Sawyer in West Memphis is a nice park and is right on the river. Access to Memphis proper is easy due to the proximity of the bridge. The pads were all concrete as I recall and there was lots of open space for dog walking. The downside is there were no trees for shade but since it was October we didn't mind.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #18
Lost in the Woods
We have been the last two Thanksgivings in a row and stayed off of Weirs Valley Rd. Some of the campgrounds are seasonal but the ones that are open were not even close to being full. There are several on Weirs Valley which is about as good a location as you will find right in the middle of things but down a side road out of the way. There is a Kroger on Weirs Valley on the way. There is also a shuttle bus service that stops at some of the campgrounds. We are headed back next week again.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #19
Gatlinburg is basically in my back yard. We camp around the area a lot, but prefer to stay out of the congestion. We always camp in either Wears Valley or Townsend most of the time. Big Meadow and the KOA in townsend is good. Tremont is also pretty good, but its getting some age on it and needs some money spent on it imo.
I think were going up this weekend. Kids always likes seeing the Christmas lights. After Halloween its not usually a problem getting a site anywhere.
2013 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins
2014 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #20
We were in the Gatlinburg area last August and stayed at the Pine Mountain RV Park in Pigeon Forge. It's a nice park and we had no problems at all. The area is beautiful. Hint, stay away from the Ole Smoky Moonshine Distillery in Gatlinburg unless you want to go home with a case of moonshine - speaking from experience, lol.

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2014 JayFlight Swift 264BH - SOLD!
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote