Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #1

Redding CA RV Parks?

Hi,

Any recommendation on RV Parks in or around Redding CA?

Thank You

tedshelleykacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #2

Looks like in July when we head over to Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park we are going to stay the first night at Premier RV Resort in Redding then 5 nights boondocking at Praire Creek and then on the way back we are staying two nights at Mt Gate RV Park about 10 miles north of Redding off the I-5. When we get back we will do an update on these Parks.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedshelleykacie View Post
Hi,

Any recommendation on RV Parks in or around Redding CA?

Thank You
Durango RV Resort in Red Bluff, 30 miles South of Redding along I5 is a very nice new park. The trees are still kind of small but nice concrete paved drives with grass between each site. Some of the cleanest restrooms and showers I have seen. A nice pool, beautiful clubhouse and a very helpful staff. We stayed overnight last year on our way home from Oregon, did not have a reservation, called the night number, an employee met us at the gate, directed us to our site and had a portable credit card reader to complete the transaction. We will definitely stay there again we we travel North.
tbwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply tbwill

Maybe next time we head over to the coast we will try this place, it looks really nice. The wife wants to go there instead of boon docking at the coast

Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #5

Hi all, Just got a 2006 Jayco 1006, and had a few questions, but while reading they've all been answered. So if I may, I'd like to comment on Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. If you haven't been there, go. It's one of the coolest places to camp. Lot's of nice hiking trails, beaches, wildlife. Take a side trip over to Gold Beach and take an easy hike through Fern Canyon. You'll most likely see a herd of elk there and the ferns are as big as a house. On your way up stop and eat at the Samoa Cookhouse just north of Eureka. You'll want to make sure you're hungry for this place. The campground is very nice too but this is bear country so store your food properly. There's also a nice campgroung on Lewiston Lake which is just west of Redding. This whould be great for the first couple nights. Last time I was there had a spot 10 yards from the lake.
rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #6

Rimshot, thanks for the reply. Congrats on the new trailer and welcome to JOF. My brother and sister have gone to Prairie Creek annually for several years and this is the first time we will be able to join them. We are looking forward to going and hope to be able to do most of what you have outlined. They even mentioned heading out to Samoa cookhouse for breakfast one of the days there, my guess is they have eaten there before. I will take a look at Lewistown Lake for another trip we are thinking of later in the year, thanks for that heads up. Happy Camping