Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2016, 09:59 AM   #1

Route & campground info.

I am planning a HUGH trip with the 25BH TT this year & since it is my first with an RV I'm looking for an easy travel route with places to stay. I have a loose time line from August to October. I will be bringing the Wife & the Yorkie with me & want to boondock as much as possible but would like to stay at a CG with full hook up about 1-2 days per week. I am leaving from Florida to head up north to NC than NW into Tenn., from there to Fargo ND (only to pick up 2family members). I plan to head west to Yellowstone area than south to the Badlands in SD or visa versa. I will than head into Colorado Rockies & west again into Utah, I will head SW to Palm desert area in Ca than set route to Tucson AZ, Las Cruces NM, & will probably head up to Albuquerque than back to Fl. Does it pay to join some of these campground clubs ? Any good apps I should download?
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #2

Your trip sounds close to the reverse of the ~8,000 mi trip we made last year! (AZ, CO, MI, FL, Gulf Coast, NM, AZ)

The two groups we joined were PassPort America (for full hookup sites) and Harvest Hosts (for boondocking).

I suggest you consider adding 12volt capacity for boondocking more than two nights in a row. We added a second group 24, 12 volt battery and had no trouble boondocking for 5 days in a row (no generator) using LED lights only (no television or other electronics, fans, or furnace). If your 12 volt needs are greater, you'll need to think about other options. Also, be aware that your tow vehicle will not charge your battery enough for multiple boondocking nights in a row.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:43 AM   #3

Yes have been thinking of the 2 6v battery addition & also a generator (2 -2000w parallel connection if a/c needed in desert heat) also solar panels as it is prewired for it. I will check out the 2 references you made.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote