Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2017, 06:52 PM   #1

RV super show in Tampa fairgrounds

I went to show on Wednesday ( first day open to public). It was packed along with the hwy exits for miles. I went to see if anything out there makes me jump. I looked at most of the Travel Trailers & realized I liked mine the best (JayFeather 25BH) so its a keeper for now. I did look at some of the class B & A's just for kicks & gravitated over to the new THOR AXIS 25.4 model. Layout & size is perfect for me but I have to wonder about the quality of the build. The wood cabinets felt really thin & the draws were stapled! 1 year warranty for camper part of unit . Its built on a Ford chassis. For a $70K plus unit I had to stop & think. Lots of vendors also at the show but no solar vendors?? $6. park & $9. to get in. I was there for 4 hrs or so. It was the largest RV show I have ever seen. Prices were okay at Vendors but nothing great. All RV's were marked down as "show price" but still not great. You would really have to work at getting the price you want & I'm sure they don't want to transport the units back to their lots so with all the competition around them I would bet you could score a great deal at the show.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #2

Charged me 10.00 to park, 9.00 admission. Waited in line for an hour to get tickets. Traffic in the area was ridiculous. 45 minutes to get in and park. Won't go again, not worth the stress.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #3
M&A

Well, we're heading over from Orlando to see that Axis.
M&A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:49 AM   #4
Site Team

We enter from the West (Tampa - I4 side) and usually most of the traffic was trying to get to the fairgrounds from the EAST (Orlando - I4 side). We found that if you get there right at the opening time it is clear sailing into the fair grounds, with no waiting. If you wait an hour or later after opening to get there, you will encounter some MAJOR traffic headaches. At least that has the way it has been for the last 4 years for us. This year we will miss the RV show as I just returned from a quick trip to Chicago and caught the NOROVIRUS, winding down from it now, but still no energy... would never be able to walk very far. Bummer!!!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #5
M&A

Took our time getting out of Orlando and breezed right in. Closed the place out. Very cool things seen. Heads spinning. Was very worth it especially for our fist big show.

Bummer on the Norovirus - did that on the tail end of a cruise - needed to stay around home base, for sure.
M&A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:17 AM   #6

I never had problem getting in and out of the show from the west side. Hoping on going to the show tomorrow. With the Gasprilla going on today, I'm not sure how the traffic will be if your heading over there today.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:44 AM   #7

We went on Wednesday, got there a little after noon, should have left earlier. Came from East of Ft. Myers and up 75. Pretty good traffic jam at Tampa.
$6 to park and $9 each to get in. Gave wife a $20 to get us a hot dog while I held our Lab, she came back and said "We'll starve first". $9 for a shriveled up hot dog.

Probably wouldn't do it again. Sea of humanity and nowhere to park, we finally parked on the side of the road and I worried all day that someone with a big rig would take the side of my truck out. Saw a motorhome where someone had got too close and busted the mirror and folded it against the windshield.

All I wanted to buy was a shade cloth, every vendor said "we didn't bring any but we have some at the store". Ended up stopping at Lazy Days when we left and paying a lot more than I wanted to for one just because the day had beaten me down.

My big Lab drug me all over the fairgrounds, he was so excited to see all the people and the other dogs. I must have said Heel a thousand times.

We went specifically to see a 317rlok and a 336 fbok in person and we got that done, that was all that made the trip worth it.

Wife fell in love with the 336fbok, go figure, but said either one would do. We have eliminated all other brands and models now outside of these 2 fifth wheels.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:40 AM   #8

I have an affinity for paying to look at something they want me to buy.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote