Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #1

Shenango Valley RV Park, Tranfer, PA

We just spent a week in Pennsylvania I was looking for Finger Lakes, N east PA area originally, we settled on a Good Sam rated park 10-10-10, I have to say its a little off the beaten path about 30 minutes west of I-79 in between Erie and Pittsburgh, but if your looking for a super clean ,very friendly place to just go and relax maybe you should check it out, the back in and pull through sites are very spacious, they do have some smaller spots that back right on to the playground area near the pool, we lucked out and had a spot with concrete pad and deck with a fire pit off to the side, on the other side of the park.
I found the staff extremely nice, wood delivered to you site, grounds are very well kept, they have a huge heated pool, a couple of playground areas for both small and older kids, games room and some other outdoor activity areas.
We had 4 really nice days spent mostly pool-side, and the other couple days rain heavy at times and stormy one morning pretty bad, the rain days we ventured out to do some shopping, the city of Hermitage is not far with lots of stores to choose from, we also hit the outlet mall in Grove City, very popular for cheap. good brand names stuff, and then got comfy and watched movies in the evening.

All in all had a great relaxing week, I would recommend the park if your looking in that area.
Pete
ont-tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:15 AM   #2

Thank you for your post. It's not that far away from us and since we're new to camping again. We'll have to check it out !
JaycoDen is offline   Reply With Quote