Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #1

We are not sure where to go for our next vacation

Sandy and I are starting to plan a 2 week trip (vacation) for 2011.
We live in Minneapolis, Minnesota and we have about 14 - 18 days to travel and visit. We are considering a trip out to Yellowstone then out to Lewiston, Idaho to visit some friends. We are planning to do this June or July, 2011.
We just completed a trip to the Black Hills of South Dakota, so take that in consideration. Here are my questions:

1) What place(s) have you visited that is memorable to you and would recommend to anyone else that is between Black Hills and Yellowstone?

2) What about places between Yellowstone and Lewiston, Idaho?
Lewiston, Idaho is on the Western border of Idaho where Oregon and Washington meet Idaho.

3) This is not set in stone and we could change our plans 20 times between now and then. What other ideas or plans would you consider?

4) I REALLY want to take a trip to the Grand Canyon and then go to Reno, NV just for fun. She has never been to Reno, NV.
She is not all that excited about this idea, so I may need some help convincing her. Any help from you would help me secure the plan.

Thank you for any suggestions or ideas you may have.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #2

We visited Yellowstone and Jackson Hole in the same trip. Loved rafting on the Snake River. The Grand Canyon is beyond belief, tell her she has to go!
Mike and Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #3

We are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon at the end of April 2011 ! So excited, it will also be our first long trip in our 'new to us' Jayco 5W !!
grncrdbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #4

Where are you planning on staying at the Grand Canyon? We stayed at Trailer Village inside the park. It is not fancy by any means but it was a good central place for us. They had full hookups with only restrooms at the campground. Showers are located at Mather campground. All sites are pull through sites so it is fairly easy park. Once you are in the park and set up. There is a free shuttle service right outside of the campground that runs every 15 min. to take you to all the vistas, markets, lodges, restaurants, train etc. It is great for the person who always seems to have to drive. It gives them a chance to sight see. It was nice for my husband to really enjoy the park and all the things it offers. No parking hassles for him. We ended up spending 4 nights there. If you have any question just ask. I will try to help.

Mary Anne.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #5

Thanks very much for the info Mary Anne, we were planning on Mather, however, now it looks like we won't be able to go in April, I only got one weeks vacation approved not the two that I had put in for.....I was so looking forward to the Grand Canyon, but since it's approx 1700 miles one way its too far for just the one week we are now looking for somewhere closer to home (Indiana) and were thinking about Tennessee, so if you or anyone else has any suggesstions on campgrounds it would be very much appreciated. Thanks again...
grncrdbrit is offline   Reply With Quote