Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Camping and RV'ing > Campgrounds and Attractions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #1

What is your favorite campground around the Tampa area?

We will be camping Friday night, April 11, 2014 someplace in Tampa. We take delivery of our new Redhawk that day. We thought that the first night should be in Tampa incase we need to visit the dealer again.

Steve
Stevefaync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #2

Lazy Days in Seffner is convenient to the highways, clean, poor WiFi, good swimming pool, not much else. It is very convenient to have their parts store on site if needed. There's also a Camping World just up the road. One odd thing about Lazy Days is that many of their sewer connections are above the level of the actual site because of the way the ground slopes, so there may be a bit of coaxing involved in getting the hose empty. We really only go there, if we're in the area, to wander through the sales lot to see if anything is more appealing than our '95 Eagle SL 5th wheel. So far not yet, although a Winnebago Lite 5 had an appealing floor plan. It's a possibility.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:11 AM   #3

I agree with drobert33, if your picking up your unit from TAMPA RV Lazy Days would be an ideal place to spend a night or two. Also unless things have changed very recently you get free breakfast and lunch at their snack bar.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:07 AM   #4

I'm a little late to the discussion, but if you're still in the area and looking to camp another night, it's hard to beat Fort Desoto. It is south of Tampa.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
Site Team

Hillsboro River SP is also nearby.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #6

We're back home. Stayed at 'Tampa RV East Resort' in Dover.

I have not gotten a chance to look in my computer since last Tuesday evening. Sorry, missed all your recommendations. Thanks for all of the suggestions. Next time there, I will stay at those places for sure.

We picked up the new Redhawk on Friday morning. Stayed next door to the dealer at Tampa East RV Resort. They were very nice and everything went great. We had the Camping World install a Safe-T Plus steering stabilizer right after we finished with the delivery demo at the dealer. From there, we set it up at the campground then went looking for a place to eat.

I found out that the traffic to and from down town Tampa is terribly heavy. We ended up in Sarasota Florida, ATM Amish restaurant named Yoders. (Pinecraft area of Sarasota.). If you are close to this area, and very hungry for some great food, including some very awesome pie for dessert, then stop at Yoders and eat. All of us took half our meal home, including half of our slices of pie. They also brought me a large styrofoam cup filled with the very delicious iced mint tea that I was drinking with my meal, so I could have it with my left overs too. On a 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, I give them a solid 100!

The trip home was pretty much uneventful. The Redhawk was awesome. We like it even more than we thought we would. It is different than the big class A that we had for a number of years. It is missing a few things that I found would be good to have, such as an external spigot belonging to a dedicated tank, near the dump valves, to connect a short hose to, with an anti-siphon valve on it, to use with the black tank spray out feature. Also, I liked the toilet better in the old unit. I will be upgrading that feature.

I parked it in the back yard for now. Next step is getting my building raised 3 feet so that I can park the Redhawk in it.

Cheers,
Steve
Stevefaync is offline   Reply With Quote