Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #1

White Mountains NH

Already planning ahead to next summer! Any cg recommendations for the White Mountains?

2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE
2018 Ford F250, crew cab, 8' bed
Family of 5 (kids ages 13, 11, 9)
adinack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #2

That's a beautiful area. We rented a Harley a few years ago and rode our butts off through the White Mountains. But I have never camped there.

However, here's something a quick search turned up that might get you started:

http://www.visitwhitemountains.com/p...y/camping.aspx

Best luck!

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #3

White Mountains NH

Been to Saco River campground and it was great. Also been to many of the campgrounds on the kangamangus highway but not in a TT and they are all beautiful.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #4

Have tent camped at flat rock bridge in Lebanon Maine. Which is on the southern edge of the white mtns. Love it there
Patrick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #5

Fransted Family Campground is great. Franconia, NH. We've gone two years in a row for 4th of July week. Lots of activities for the kids. Owners are very nice. Quiet hours enforced. info@franstedcampground.com
izzyshouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #6

Danforth Bay... voted #1 campground in NH 2013. Spending the winter there now, but have never stayed during summer. The staff is incredibly nice!

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #7

I was just up there for New Years and on the kangamangus hwy that cuts through the national white mountain forest. I would be a little apprehensive about taking a trailer through that cut. It's doable, but there are some hairpin turns, climbs and descends that one might find tough. There are no gas stations for 30 or so miles once you pass Loon on the Lincoln side until you hit the end in Conway. That being said, in the national park there are several CG's along the way and breathtaking views. But I think they would be more primitive being in the National park itself.

If you stick to the 93, Franconia notch side you have the man in the mountain and Cannon tram which takes you up to the mountains during all times of the year for site seeing. If you go to the Conway and North Conway side your more setup for Mt Washington. Both sides have their attractions, so you might consider a 2 stop trip over a longer week, like 10 days which would cut your driving time down if you want to see a lot of the area.

Sorry I cannot recommend a specific CG, I thought possibly adding attractions might help in your decision. The 93 side offers a little easier access and less State Road time, but might also be more crowded as a result.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #8

Last June we camped in NH, and stayed at the KOA near Woodstock, NH in the Franconia Notch area. Great CG for larger TT, lots of room and the usual KOA facilities and friendliness. The KOA at Twin Mountain is good also and right near Mount Washington. We had a day trip there to check it out, but timing didn't allow us to camp there, but we would in a heart beat. We found the state parks in that area are really nice, but have no hook ups, which we prefer, and are tight for space for a larger TT.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #9

We are planing a trip in April to Meredith Woods in April. They have an indoor pool so the grand kids will enjoy swimming no matter how cold it is outside.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #10

We have stayed at Moose Hillock in Warren NH the past few years. It is very close to Polar Caves and Lost River, and not in the middle of the tourist area. It's about a 15 minute drive to Lincoln/ Woodstock at the south end of the Kancamangus Highway. The first year we had a tent trailer, the last 2 our X23B. Their bathrooms are clean but dated. The campground and pool are amazing. Very large, level, and private sites. My kids are 13 and 16, so we don't care about scheduled events. The pool is huge with multiple slides. We love going there. Have fun, wherever you go!
jschimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:13 AM   #11

We went up there in 2012 and stayed at Lost River Campground just outside of Woodstock. They have Full hook ups,camp store and the CG is very wooded. Close to all the attractions.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #12

Thanks everyone for all of your input! We made reservations for Fransted Family Campground for early August.

My husband and I were in the White Mountains 17 years ago (in a bed & breakfast) before we were married and now we're taking the kids. Looking forward to spending more time on the Western side this time around.

I'll let you know how we like the campground!

Adina

2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE
2018 Ford F250, crew cab, 8' bed
Family of 5 (kids ages 13, 11, 9)
adinack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adk Camper View Post
We went up there in 2012 and stayed at Lost River Campground just outside of Woodstock. They have Full hook ups,camp store and the CG is very wooded. Close to all the attractions.
Wow....I remember that campground. I was 11 years old when my parents wanted to try camping. I remember they purchased a large family tent and we were there for a week. A medium sized stream was right next to our site. Lost river was full of great memories. I might have to plan a trip back there. Thanks for jogging my memory
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote