Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2017, 09:40 AM   #1

Wyoming, SD, & Idaho

Next month we are doing a trip to Cheyenne, WY, Devils Tower, Mt. Rushmore, Thermopolis, WY, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Sandpoint, ID & Weber County North Fork Park, UT. Would love to hear from anyone who has been to these locations and read your thoughts & experiences on RV parks, activities, etc.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:03 AM   #2

Stayed in Yellowstone at Fishing Bridge. Crowded but nothing unpleasant or unexpected. Grand Tetons stayed
In Jackson at the Virginian RV park and a
Favorite activity was attending the dinner show at The Bar J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MAJPLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:05 AM   #3

We did a similar trip 3 years ago. We stayed at Custer State Park while visiting the Mt Rushmore area, great place. We are not big on crowds so we stayed in Victor ID, just over the pass from Jackson. We stayed at Mike Harris campground. Loved it.

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:27 AM   #4

MAJPLO, thank you for sharing where you stayed and the suggestion for the dinner show at The Bar J. We will certainly check that out.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:29 AM   #5

wanderlust - thank you for your recommendations for Mt. Rushmore and Jackson. Greatly appreciate the links to the two locations. Like you, we are not big on crowds.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #6

Stayed at the rooster resort Rv park in Custer, highly recommended, just be careful with some of the trees on some of the turns. E/W they have a dump station. it is located very close to the western entrance of Custer State park.
Wapiti,WY is one of my favorite places on earth. stayed at the green creek inn, RV park. it is the eastern entrance to Yellowstone. There are also state Campgrounds along that road that are really nice, just be aware of the Grizzlies, They live there!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2163.jpg  
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert9999 View Post
Stayed at the rooster resort Rv park in Custer, highly recommended, just be careful with some of the trees on some of the turns. E/W they have a dump station. it is located very close to the western entrance of Custer State park.
Wapiti,WY is one of my favorite places on earth. stayed at the green creek inn, RV park. it is the eastern entrance to Yellowstone. There are also state Campgrounds along that road that are really nice, just be aware of the Grizzlies, They live there!
Thank you. I appreciate your suggestions. It is always nice to have input from those who have already been there.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #8

Which campground in Custer State Park did you stay at? I'm planning a similar trip in 2018, and am wondering which campground to stay at while at Custer State Park. Also, is it difficult to get a site in early July? I really do not want to reserve a spot now. I don't like to be tied to being at a certain place on a certain day.

I have done that in Yellowstone though, just because it's nearly impossible to find a place without reservations just before going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
We did a similar trip 3 years ago. We stayed at Custer State Park while visiting the Mt Rushmore area, great place. We are not big on crowds so we stayed in Victor ID, just over the pass from Jackson. We stayed at Mike Harris campground. Loved it.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote