Old 08-11-2016, 01:37 PM   #11

Video no workeee?

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #12
Site Team

Not working here either.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:41 PM   #13

Nope, that's not my idea of fun. I did tent camping as a scout growing up... hated it. I bought my first camper as a "hotel on wheels" so I had air conditioning, clean bathrooms, a comfy bed, a kitchen and a place to keep my dogs while we explored tourist areas.

We have since upgraded to a much larger RV with much more amenities and I have no plans on ever going back to "roughing it". Perhaps when I am older and we venture further out west we might bring a generator and carry water and boondock somewhere... but I have ZERO intention of sleeping without AC or bathrooms handy, etc.

God bless those of you that enjoy that and have places to go. I prefer to get away from my world by going to state parks with friends... but still having amenities and creature comforts.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Yep... This is how we do it....
Well.. the first one was working... Try this one instead
Attached Files
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Well.. the first one was working... Try this one instead
And that one wont work either... Forum Mods might need to take a look at that.

Instead... find it here - hosted on my site.
http://www.steve-edmunds.com/JOF/JOFBoondock.wmv
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Nope, that's not my idea of fun. I did tent camping as a scout growing up... hated it. I bought my first camper as a "hotel on wheels" so I had air conditioning, clean bathrooms, a comfy bed, a kitchen and a place to keep my dogs while we explored tourist areas.

We have since upgraded to a much larger RV with much more amenities and I have no plans on ever going back to "roughing it". Perhaps when I am older and we venture further out west we might bring a generator and carry water and boondock somewhere... but I have ZERO intention of sleeping without AC or bathrooms handy, etc.

God bless those of you that enjoy that and have places to go. I prefer to get away from my world by going to state parks with friends... but still having amenities and creature comforts.
I say there are always more ways to approach something. Need or want all the hookups, then that's your way. Love the solitude of wilderness boondocking, just as good. Enjoy the quiet and space often provided by camping without hookups but fill in the comfort gaps with a generator, well you found my way.

In addition to our TT, we own a 52 foot [older] houseboat and spend time out on the lake many times each year. Needless to say the sites where we tie up all come without hookups of any kind, yet we have AC, sat TV, and all the typical stuff found in a modern RV. Houseboating over the last 15 years has taught us that you can live quite comfortably "off the grid". Transferring the same practices to RVing makes boondocking just as enjoyable and we don't give up a thing. You learn to conserve water and methods of extending the capacity of the holding tanks.

Enjoy camping however you want but do it as often as you can.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:07 PM   #17

My 2 cents. I've tented camped on my own and when my son joined Boy Scouts. Loved every minute. Got a truck camper in 2000 and used it a lot including a trip to Alaska in 2005. Unfortunately I am too old to tent camp unless someone else sets up camp (my son-in-law). We just finished a family (3 generations) RV trip from Las Vegas to Phoenix. We had a spectacular time. Looking now at a big Class A or Class C to see more of this spectacular country we are blessed to live in.
WorldCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:44 AM   #18

Some of my favorite childhood memories involve carry-in, carry-out camping in these beautiful woods of the Adirondacks I have called home my entire life. Hiking, fishing, hunting, cooking over an open fire, sleeping in a lean-to or under the open stars. Those days were the best. Now that I am a middle-ager, I have mostly moved on to a life of summer glamping. However, when fall rolls around each year, it's back to a more rustic lifestyle off the grid at hunting camp. I've assured my hunting buddies on more than one occasion not to come looking for me if I don't make it back to camp on any given night. I'll be just fine and will see them in the morning or later the following day. I'm pretty sure most of them would just get themselves lost in the dark looking for me anyways. It is those same scouting experiences of youth that have set a lifelong mindset in place for me as well.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:54 AM   #19

Most of our camping sounds like yours. My wife's uncle has some land along a small river with trout and other fish just across the boarder from us in WI. It is a 25 mile drive there and we are free to use it whenever we want. It is nice to be able to just see a nice weekend and go not worrying about reservations or anything. Memorial, 4th of July and Labor Day weekends are the busy ones where there may be 6-8 other campers (all family) gathered around with kids playing in the river. The only thing that sucks is if they get a lot of rain in the area or even up north of there we have to watch it because the river can flood out and it does it quickly. We have been fine but other family members have had the knock in the middle of the night from the local Sheriff's Dept saying we need to clear out as river is rising. They know people are down there on weekends so they watch out for us. There are no hook ups but the county fair grounds about 5 miles away has a dump site. So we don't have to make it all the way home to dump which is nice.