Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #41

Davidki, I have a 2016 Jayflight 33rbts, 15k a/c. Two of the 2K Champions tied together run my a/c fine. I even tried them both on eco mode when tied together and they had no problems starting the a/c. You aren't going to run the a/c and microwave at the same time though.

Ltmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:03 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcraft69 View Post
I sold 2000i and bought 2800/3100 champion and will never look back

I was looking at one a Cabala's the other week, they had them on sales but I didn't get it so my question is are they loud or anybody that have one?

Old 10-14-2016, 07:00 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I was looking at one a Cabala's the other week, they had them on sales but I didn't get it so my question is are they loud or anybody that have one?
They are slightly louder then a 3000 Honda. But the 3000 Honda is the industries quietest!! I have both and can say that I don't regret buying the Champion. Noise is not an issue!!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #44

Thanks for the additional posts, I have been talking with my wife and I think I've gone to the 2 unit set up like you Ltmsc you make a good point about not using the AC all the time, and I don't think we have ever used our Microwave even when plugged in so that isn't an issue. Our last camping trip was to the Smokey's and it is all dry camping, so it would have been nice to have the air for part of the day but the evenings were cool enough it would not have mattered. I guess what also caught my eye way haveing 2 independent units at home when were not camping, we have a detached garage with our freezer in it, if we have a power outage it would be hard to have just 1 unit feeding the house refrig/freezer and the garage, with 2 units I'd be set so I think we are going to focus on the 2 unit setup.

I have tried to find a local store that carries the Champion and other than Costco (45 miles away) that carries only the 3100 I can't find any dealers or service centers that would work on them. Mail order is great for somethings, but 50 lb generators that my have to be shipped back to California on my dime could get expensive... I am continuing to look. There are dealers that carry, stock and service both Honda and Yamaha in the 20 mile radius and although the expense I looked and both the Honda and Yamaha have a 3 years parts and Labor Warranty... the Champion form what I read is 1 year Parts and Labor, then the 2nd year is parts only so, that is a consideration.

I guess the good thing is we have lots of time, we have finished our camping for this year so it will be next April before we take off again.. I guess that leaves me time to evaluate the issue a little more. I'd love to save the money using the Champions and who knows, perhaps a close that picks up the line.

Thanks again for the response, it is great to hear from folks that are using the various generators and have chimed in...

davidki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, portable generator