Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2012, 05:37 AM   #1

Angry 2003 Jayco Eagle Shower/Tub

Good Morning, We recently purchased a used 2003 Jayco Eagle to place in KY to have a place to come to from FL at different times of the year. We purchased from a dealer which said it had been checked and inspected thru out. Not true. This is our first RV and are we ever getting a lesson, lol. I do have one question of concern. It has a corner shower/tub, which we can't get the leaks under control. The dealership said they don't come caulked...Also, when you stand in the shower/tub it feels real weak and "squishey". They also say that you don't support the tub in the front. Has anyone had this problem or can anyone offer any experienced advice?
Bonieta Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #2

We have a access panel under the tub (or in front of I should say) to get to drain/pvc connections. Our surround was caulked when we got it but the bottom is not to alow any water behind the panel to run off back into the tub.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #3

my husband put caulk around where the wall and tub meets, without it the water pours out the bottom. Still can't understand the weakness when you step in and move around showering. Feels like you are going to go down the drain, lol. Thanks for your reply.
Bonieta Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #4

Sounds like its not properly supported under the tub, or what ever type of support has failed or worse the sub floor has. I think you need to find a way to see whats going on under the tub. If theres no access panel, might have to make one. You can also check the under belly right under the tub location for softness etc since you had some water leak issues. keep us updated and good luck!
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote