Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2016, 09:11 PM   #1

2017 White Hawk 28 DSBH on order! RV One experience...

I thought I would post about our experience ordering a new Jayco White Hawk 28 DSBH from RV One (RV Direct) so others who have been contemplating factory ordering a new unit from RV One know what to expect.

After looking at several different brands and floorplans at numerous dealers this past summer, we finally found the unit that met almost all of our needs/wants, a Jayco White Hawk 28 DSBH. We went to our local Jayco dealer (Buffalo RV) and they had one on the lot. They had it marked on sale for $31,000. After researching online I found RV One, which low and behold is the online/national sales unit of Buffalo RV! The quote process was very easy. I simply picked the exact unit from Buffalo RV's inventory that we looked at and sent in a quote request to RV One. Within 5 minutes I had a quote for that exact unit in my mailbox. And guess what, it was quoted through RV One for $22,700! Quite a bit different from Buffalo RV's lot SALE price of $31,000! So, I printed the quote and went back to Buffalo RV to look at the unit again. This time we sat down with a salesman and started to receive the usual pitch. We stopped him from continuing and pulled out our RV One quote (for the EXACT same unit we were dickering on) and showed it to him. His face dropped like a rock and he went to go talk to his manager. He came back and the best he could do was about $1,500 more than RV One's quote. How weird considering these are the SAME companies! I was straight up with him and asked why his quote was more than RV One, and he said it was because I would be able to deal with him and have him in my corner should any issues arise. So, I thanked him for his time and left the dealer. Since the unit on the lot didn't have all the options we wanted, I sent in another quote request to RV One, this time it was a custom factory order. Again, quote came in at about 33% off list price. I double checked on the Jayco website that RV One's list price matched Jayco's and it did. But I didn't stop there... I then sent the quote to 2 other Jayco dealers about 50 and 100 miles away from me. They ended up BEATING the RV One quote! After I received those quotes, I sent them back to RV One and asked if they could make a counter offer. Sure enough, another $300 off the purchase price. Sent this quote back to the other dealers and they couldn't match, figured I hit rock bottom or close to it (or they became wise to the game I was playing!). I ended up getting about 35% off the list price for a factory ordered unit. I was very happy with the price and the fact that RV One was about 20 minutes away from where I lived so I went ahead and ordered the unit a few weeks ago.

Another positive that I would like to add is that of Jayco's customer service. I decided to make contact with my Regional Sales Rep directly at Jayco and inquire about my order. He looked it up and said it was scheduled for production in April 2017. I also asked him if there were any planned upgrades to the 28 DSBH that weren't mentioned on the website. I was surprised when he informed me that the 28 DSBH will be receiving full LED exterior running lights and the USA made Goodyear tires starting in January's run of this floor plan. He said he was almost 100% sure I would get these upgrades on our unit since it was scheduled for April production. I was VERY impressed that I could receive information like this from the factory in such a timely manner! I hope this is representative of Jayco's overall customer support!

All in all, this has been one of the simplest RV buying experiences so far. I will try to continue to give updates on our ordered unit up until we receive delivery, hopefully in April/May next year! Can't wait to go camping next summer!!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:57 PM   #2

Congratulations on your purchase.

Can you provide contact information for the sales and factory reps?

Let us know when you get your 2017 White Hawk and how much you like it.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote