Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #1

25' RKS Roof Leak

I have a 2012 25' RKS TT that is showing signs of a roof leak possibly coming from the shower skylight and making its presence seen at the bathroom exhaust vent. Anyone else having any troubles in this area? I have removed the inside shroud of both the skylight and the bathroom vent. In looking from this inside of the bath vent towards the shower skylight, I can see what looks like condensation on the inside of the roof. We were recently camping for a week on level ground during the Oregon rainy season and only noticed a few drips showing up on the toilet lid seat. We left this campsite and went down a windy road to a new spot and upon opening the bathroom door noticed quite a bit of moisture both on the floor and on the shelf above the cammode. This is the second time that we've run into this. I looked at the sealant around both the vent and the skylight and went ahead and took Eternabond and went over the top of all of the existing caulking sealing it down tight using a steel roller. I am looking for advice as to how I should proceed with finding the cause of this leak and what I need to do to repair it. I thank everyone in advance for any information that might be helpful with my plight.

Steve
dakotakid91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #2

Steve....Lots of good info on this subject over on rvnet.com. You will get plenty of assistance

2006 Tracker Pro Guide 16 WT, Mercury 60HP 4 Stroke; 9" Lowrance HDS; Motorguide Xi5 GPS
SoCalAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #3

Have you seen the leak since applying the Eternabond? That should have taken care of any leak you would have in that area.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #4

Thank you to the two folks that replied to my roof leak issue. We just returned from a week long trip with the trailer. It did rain off and on while we were out. I did not note anything leaking as I left the inside bathroom vent ring completely off so I could look up inside to try and detect moisture. The only thing noted was on our very last morning I did see some condensation on the aluminum membrane when looking up into the hole. Apparently the Eternabond that I had previously installed must have helped.
I will be looking at the rv.net website and seeing what others there have to say about roof leaks.
Again, I thank you for your responses!!!!

Steve
Old 05-25-2015, 12:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakid91 View Post
The only thing noted was on our very last morning I did see some condensation on the aluminum membrane when looking up into the hole.
If it was raining some of the time and you had the vents and windows closed, the moisture you see could be from condensation coming from inside the RV. Especially if you had the trim ring from the ceiling vent removed.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #6

Skip, I certainly thought about that as causing the trouble. I did not note any condensation until that very last day and I checked multiple times during the day when it was raining. We used the vent fan during showers to help alleviate any inside moisture and also had a couple of windows partially open most of the time.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:35 PM   #7

Flat or arched roof? Water will run a mile on a flat roof, and down hill on the arched. Seeking the lowest point and a place to pond or exit. I would look every where, based on the above.
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote