Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #1

26RLS Low Point Drainst

First time winterizing our 26rLs. We've got the low point drains for the freshwater tanks that are by the rear stairs. Between the water heater and the bedroom doors in a low point drain sticker but I only see tubes, no valves to open.

So I went into the bathroom and saw a black piece if plastic set into the floor under the bathroom sink. I see the water lines and it looks like there's some kind of "T" in the lines with what looks like some sort of T thing that spins.

I spun that thing and I don't think I had water come out from the low point drains. The thing just spun, it didn't seem to screw up or down.

Any ideas?

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #2

Pull up on each of the two tees. One for hot, one for cold water line. They will snap up into the open position. Snap them back down when finished.
On the 26RLS the tees are really tough to get at aren't they?
Old 11-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #3

Our 26.5 RLW has the front low point drains inside a compartment inside the full width storage area under the bedroom. You have to get inside the storage area and then take off a little cover, screwed in, to reach the drains. Go ahead and pull the little "ts" as that is how they work. Just don't put back the little cover until you have closed them, don't ask me how I know this. I fixed the two covers, one for the low point and one for the hot water tank, by taking some mirror mounts, the kind that swivel, putting them on with small bolts and nuts and now I just have to move the top mount to the side and take the cover off. No more taking out a screw and then trying to find the hole again when I put it back on.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by David472 View Post
Pull up on each of the two tees. One for hot, one for cold water line. They will snap up into the open position. Snap them back down when finished.
On the 26RLS the tees are really tough to get at aren't they?
Thanks, that's exactly what it was. Our 28DSBH has the valves outside that resemble the valves under our residential sinks.

We spent today winterizing both campers. We opened all the low point drains as well as the water heater. We then used the air compressor set at about 35 psi to blow out each hot and cold line on the system as well as the toilet and black tank flush. I collected all the water from the faucets in a cup and dumped them in the grass. All totalled, it was about a gallon from each camper. We then sucked antifreeze through the lines until pink showed at each faucet for the hot and cold lines. I kept my foot on the toilets a little longer too. All totalled, each camper took about 2 gallons. We then used a third gallon is each camper to dump down each drain just to make sure the p traps were covered and to add a little more to the holding tanks. Better safe then sorry. I also didn't put the access panels back because I don't see the need when I'm just going to have to remove them in the spring to un-winterize everything. I thought it would be better instead of doing all the screwing and unscrewing again in a few months.

Finally, we took our carpet cleaner in each camper for the rugs after vacuuming them. Each camper was used roughly 100 nights since April. The rugs are drying but they look phenomenal. They look so much better then they did before the cleaning.

In about 2 weeks we are bringing each camper in for some minor warranty work. Another end to a great season but the next season will be here before you know it!

Old 11-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #5

I never have opened the low point drains, I just make sure to run antifreeze through the lines and make sure there is antifreeze running through them.....
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #6

It would seem to me that the low point drains would not get any antifreeze in them when doing this, unless you opened them. Wouldn't the antifreeze simply push the water that is in the lines to the low point drains. Maybe it would mix so there would not be a problem, but why not just open them and drain them before putting the antifreeze in the lines?
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #7

We are winterizing again and had the same question as last year, what's with the valves under the bathroom sink. lol Luckily I remembered that I asked this question last year so I just singed back to the forum to get my answers from last year. :-)