Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #31
To me the game plan is to use the best side that has the best 120VAC reading on my AC monitor inside. Sometimes because of a lot of users the 30A side start getting low in reading. I will check the 50AMP side if it is there and see what that AC voltage looks like. If the AC voltage is better I may use the 50AMP side through a 50-30A adapter for awhile.

Alot of places only has the 30A service only.

I do the same thing with the 20AMP service. Most sites always has a 20A receptacle right beside the 30A receptacle and all of my outuse use of things around the picnic table and under the awning I always plug an extension cord into the 20AMP service and use it.

This is very useful to us when we are running an oil filled electric heater inside the trailer on those cool evenings. Much better to run the sites electric then run our propane tanks for the loud furnace. On my POPUP and small TTs is is easy to run the extension inside the going thru the window flaps of the POPUP or thru the pass-thru storage area on the bigger trailers.

To me having all of the various adapters on hand just makes good sense. My so called RV TOOL BOX has all sorts of PLAN-B items in it. You never what the situation is going to be at any given time and nothing worse than having resources available to you use when things happen and dont have the right adapter on hand.

Use what works best for you... I cant count the number of times my 50-foot 10-gauge (10-3) extension cord and a RV30A-15A 18-inch long adapter has saved my camping day or my neighbors camping day when the shore power pedstal receptacle is wore out and the site hasnt got a place to move you to. 20AMPS is better than nothing....

Roy and Carolyn
I claim Horse Creek Country in Southern Ill - Momabear is from North Texas
We live in King George VA

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote