Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 05:41 PM   #1

30% off MSRP in CA too?

Hi All, I am about to pull the trigger on a trailer and dealer offering me 27.5% off MSRP. Is that good for living in CA so far from factory in Indiana or should I expect the same 30% discount here too?
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:46 PM   #2

For what its worth I paid about 36% off MSRP and it was shipped to me in Maryland. Just food for thought, RVDirect.com will sell you a trailer and ship it from the manufacturer to your door for $1.75 a mile. Your RV dealer and RVDirect likely use the same pool of delivery drivers... I would use that as a rough basis for delivery fees.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Your RV dealer and RVDirect likely use the same pool of delivery drivers... I would use that as a rough basis for delivery fees.
JAYCO ships to the dealer, in your case RV Direct. Then RV Direct shipped to you. Since all dealers do not pay the same price (high volume dealers get better pricing) the 27.5% may be a very good deal.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
For what its worth I paid about 36% off MSRP and it was shipped to me in Maryland. Just food for thought, RVDirect.com will sell you a trailer and ship it from the manufacturer to your door for $1.75 a mile. Your RV dealer and RVDirect likely use the same pool of delivery drivers... I would use that as a rough basis for delivery fees.
Thanks. I got a quote from them as well that was 36% off if I picked up at their Buffalo, NY location. If I use those numbers that they gave me and changed it to shipping to CA at $1.75/mile it came to 30%.

I think I will counter with the few hundred difference to bring it up to 30% and see what happens. Wish me luck!
Old 03-30-2015, 06:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
JAYCO ships to the dealer, in your case RV Direct. Then RV Direct shipped to you. Since all dealers do not pay the same price (high volume dealers get better pricing) the 27.5% may be a very good deal.
Thanks for your input Grumpy. FYI, When you talk to enough people you get a good picture of different dealers. One dealer mentioned that Richardsons RV here in CA is the largest Jayco dealer in the country and that they would get a better shipping rate than him. I don't know if it is true or not but it would seem that Richardsons would have a bit more leeway with me than they are letting on.