Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #1

Angry 4 Season RV? Dont Believe It

So after our trip over spring break this past week, we found 3 furry stow aways. A mama cat had brought her 3 newborns and deposited them on our black tank inside an area we thought could not freeze because its a 4 season model 365BHS. I could not figure out how they got under there until today. The area beneath the generator storage (we don't have one) is wide open to the entire underbelly area! This opening would allow critters of all sizes to move in and take up residence under your floor. It also would let in any air around into the return vent in the steps. Oh yeah and if you had a propane leak, that would get in too. I'm pretty perturbed that when we were told by the owner of the dealership that this was the rig we needed for living in year round because its 4 seasons. Buyer beware.
My fix is going to be to get a sheet of coroplast (the same material Jayco used on the under belly) and cover this area.
Trust me its bad taking your coach apart to find the critters that could have been totally prevented. Cmon Jayco, don't sell or market a product that is not what you say it is.
Mark
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #2

Not that the open area you describe isn't questionable construction, I think it was the dealer who claimed 4 season livability, not Jayco. Jayco will tell you that the climate shield package ensures all systems maintain function in temp extremes. They then follow with this explanation . . .
*Unit was tested in 0 degrees F and 100 degrees F weather over an extended period of time in a controlled environment and all functions of the coach were fully operational. Testing was done in a completely controlled environment, therefore temperatures during testing may not represent actual temperatures in nature and cannot account for elements such as wind or moisture. In actual use, unit may not perform as well. Supplier of cooling components does not guarantee anything better than 20 degrees difference from ambient temperature. In addition, outside components are subject to freezing and require steps to properly insulate. Jayco’s warranty does not cover damage caused by freezing.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:00 PM   #3

Apart from the intrusion ( and is there a chance the critters did not do it?) take pix and send to Jayco

Someone missed installing something perhaps.

Yes the controlled environment excludes critters I would think..

We live in snow country and there isnt a day that we don't climb over the two foot high snowbanks and check our unit and bang on it to see what might flee. We have used it in Florida for a month and the ultrasonic critter repellent seemed to work .. on our trip we found no droppings. We came home in the snow and now the trailer is recased in feet of snow.

It is tough if you store off home property to check frequently.

election signs are coroplast. Its handy material.. Just saying next election cycle.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
critters in underbelly, drafts, freezing tanks, propane smell