Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2015, 05:26 PM   #1

5000 miles

Three years ago, my wife and I drove around in the Peace River country to check out the roads, etc. Two years ago, we hooked on to our Jayco 197 with the old 97 Suburban and headed to Whitehorse. Had a really good trip, poured a few liters of oil into the old Sub, but she made it.

Last year, we took a tour with the trailer and our 2013 Ford pickup to Yellowknife. Other than getting smoke bound in Yellowknife for four extra days, we had another great trip.

This summer, because we enjoyed both trips so much, we decided to do both. My wife has a nice new 2015 Ford pickup, so we hooked up the trailer and off we went. We took our time, often not getting too far in a day. We spent two nights in Yellowknife and Whitehorse and one nighters elsewhere. We did spend last night in a Days Inn at Whitecourt, AB.

There had been some fire activity south of Yellowknife, but no smoke to speak of. There was a lot of blackened forest along the highway between Fort St. John and Fort Nelson.
Northern Alberta, BC, Yukon Territory and the Northwest Territories are splendid places to travel. We met hundreds upon hundreds of US vehicles on the Alaska Highway. I tried to imagine just how a good farm boy from the wheat fields of Kansas must have felt when plopped in the bush, with the object of creating the Alaska Highway.
kjohn73 is offline   Reply With Quote