Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #1

Question ADCO Aquashed Cover - Can I put over a wet trailer?

I just picked up an ADCO Aquashed cover for my 28bhs. I'm wondering if it's ok to put over my trailer that's already wet. I live in the Seattle area and it's doubtful it will try out anytime soon. ADCO says the material breathes, but I was thinking that I shouldn't put it over a significantly wet trailer.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Past Rigs:
2012 Jay Flight 28BHS ('12-'15)
2006 Salem 26BH (RIP- Totaled in Yellowstone 7/12)
1995 Jayco Tent Trailer ('05 - '09)
1985 Coleman Tent Trailer ('85 - '05)
stryker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #2

ADCO has a customer service number, give them a call and see what they say. They answered my questions very quickly.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker75 View Post
I just picked up an ADCO Aquashed cover for my 28bhs. I'm wondering if it's ok to put over my trailer that's already wet. I live in the Seattle area and it's doubtful it will try out anytime soon. ADCO says the material breathes, but I was thinking that I shouldn't put it over a significantly wet trailer.
I'm also in the Pacific Northwest (with a 28BHS too!), and I'm a little late in covering my trailer. Did you ever get a response from ADCO on whether or not it's ok to put their cover over a wet trailer? They're customer service doesn't answer on the weekend
bleathem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleathem View Post
I'm also in the Pacific Northwest (with a 28BHS too!), and I'm a little late in covering my trailer. Did you ever get a response from ADCO on whether or not it's ok to put their cover over a wet trailer? They're customer service doesn't answer on the weekend
I did speak with someone last year and they didn't really have an answer. As I recall, they told me that a damp trailer was ok... I decided to wait until it dried out and put mine on. Turns out however, that some moisture and condensation permeates through the aquashed cover anyway, so I think a wet trailer is probably fine. It will dry out underneath when the weather gets dry because the material breaths.

Past Rigs:
2012 Jay Flight 28BHS ('12-'15)
2006 Salem 26BH (RIP- Totaled in Yellowstone 7/12)
1995 Jayco Tent Trailer ('05 - '09)
1985 Coleman Tent Trailer ('85 - '05)
stryker75 is offline   Reply With Quote