Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #1

Adequate hitch for a 26BH?

Folks,

I'm still trying to hammer out a deal for a 26BH. Part of the deal they've put together includes a "Reese pro series with 1 friction sway" for 385.03 installed. Will that hitch do the job well, just barely, or not at all?

TV is a 2010 F150 super crew with the standard (not max) tow pkg. 5.4L w/ 3.55 rear diff.

Thanks,

Bruce
Merlinspop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #2

If you are buying the trailer from a dealer they should know what is required for the type of trailer you are pulling. Just my thoughts. I would also push for them to throw in the hitch as part of the deal if its only 385.00. All they can say is no but you might save 385.00.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #3

Because we picked up our trailer new in Middlebury, they didn't have the promised Equalizer Hitch in stock, so they installed a Huskey (with chains) so we could drive the tt back home to Cali. It had only one sway bar. At first, it wasn't installed correctly; man was that a pain learning how to fix that. But there still was sway. We also learned from another forum from many different posters that tt's over 45oo (?) lbs should have two sway bars (for multitude of reasons). At any rate whether that's true or not, once we returned to California and the dealer here put on the Equalizer hitch with it's RH/LH sway bars, we experienced no more sway in the wind or traveling at 65mph. Ask them to install two bars instead of the one... couldn't hurt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote