Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #1

Angry AGHHHHHHHH, discovered more damage

After doing maintenance tonight on the 2010 24FBS I have discovered more rotted wall floor plating this time in the cargo area almost where I finished my last repairs a couple weeks ago. The window I repaired then is not leaking but the cargo hatch has leaked and I am thinking now that this also caused some of my floor and wall rot woes since the TT was stored at a slight angle causing the water to flow towards the back of the TT under the bedroom escape window and pool there rotting the floor. I noticed a slight water trickle a couple days ago at my repair spot and finally found the source, luckily it is just the the wall floor plate everything else including the floor and studs in the cargo area is solid. The bad thing is the area it is located in is not in a good place for me to get at and repair so looks like it will be going to the dealership this time. I still believe it has been leaking since the day it left the factory
Old 03-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #2

Wow, sounds like the problems with your 24FBS has kept you very busy. Hope the rest of the floor problems get resolved. Good luck.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #3

Smile

Panic mode has now subsided and after examining the damage more closely in the daylight instead of dusk I have filled the weep hole along the cargo door with Dicor and it looks like the wood decay was not a deep penetration, the floor is solid and I will be able to repair the decayed area with wood hardener. So a trip to the dealer is not needed after all
Old 03-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #4

Well that's good news....now instead of a trip to the dealer, you can just make a trip to the campground.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote