Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #21

Yes. One only needs to install Timbren SES units on the rear axle. Unless, one mounts a snowplow on the front of their vehicle and they want to remove front sag. If the front of your vehicle does a nose dive while hammering on the brakes (like the weaker front suspension on Astro/Safari vans), one can install Timbrens SES units on the front as well. Especially if the front always dives down and loves chewing up front brakes. And, front shock upgrades still allow the front end to "dive down" too much.

Timbrens vs. air system? Air systems (like air shocks and air bags) are a pressurized air system. One leak (line, connector, valve) and they are useless. Timbrens are all rubber - a mechanical solution. Once installed, they are good for life. And, no worry about air leaks either.

Timbrens SES units can also have spacers (or larger washers) installed as well. Thus, creating 3/4" gap or even 1/2" gap. Thus, they do allow some adjustments. Once adjusted (to your individual ride comfort while empty), they are good for life. No more muss / fuss - like air bag systems.

As stated above, I'd install Timbrens on both leaf spring systems and coil spring systems. They work and work great. And, I'll buy them for my next towing vehicle as well....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #22

Airbags are the way to go and on Most Dodge 2500-3500s they are a no drill install. The first side took me an hour, the second side took me 10 minutes.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #23

While researching all of the different options, I've become pretty fond of the Roadmaster Active Suspension - seems like a very good system...