Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2016, 06:30 PM   #11
More info on Alaska trip

Hi All. Regarding fuel when I reached 1/2 tank I tried not to pass a gas station. The extra 11 gals of gas that I carried was comforting. There are some long stretches and if it is night time some stations may be closed. The Mile Post book is a must and so is Travelers Guide To Alaskan Camping. Several visitor centers had free wifi and are usually a good source of info. We spent $746 for camping fees in 2 months. About $3,000 for gas (approximently) Didn't add it up yet. Oil and filter changes are expensive in Canada. You are right the genny is a must. We didn't need a.c. so the 2,000 Honda was perfect. As a U.S. citizen If you have to see a doctor in Canada it costs $100 U.S. currency but the meds are way cheaper.
I have a Equalizer wd hitch 6,000/600. I had airbags put on my truck. Installed a Rock Guard on the hitch. I weighed everything that went into the camper and the truck. Used a truck scale to check to see if I was in limits. When I get time I'll dig that info out. One of my sons said "Luck favors the prepared"
He was right!

2011 X23B
2013 1500 Silverado 5.3 4x4 ext cab
geezerbob is offline   Reply With Quote