Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2015, 12:01 AM   #31
Originally Posted by NDJollyMon View Post
Piece of crap and one more thing to winterize.
Just remove it and take it to Lowe's or Home Depot and get one to your liking. They sure do come in handy so it would be a shame not to use it.

Tunce the traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:45 AM   #32
We use ours for a variety of things. More common, we have a fish cleaning table from bass pro. You can remove the sprayer head and screw the hose straight to the faucet and have hot / cold water in the sink. Other than that, I much prefer to wash my cast iron pots with the sprayer than to mess up the inside sink. Also use it to wash off kids sometimes. Winterizing no big deal, but we don't winterize being we camp all year. Install stop valves inside where you can access the water lines, blow lines out, close valves, remove hose and don't use it if you don't want to. Everything else in the camper will have water but that. If you want it, turn it back on.

John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-8 / Little John-5 / Iva-1+
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat FX4, CC LB PSD, DRW
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:56 AM   #33
Site Team
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
??? Why does the outside shower cover have a different lock than the storage doors? Keys! Keys! Keys! Finally painted mine with nail polish with different colors for the storage and the shower locks. Guess the real question is why is the outside shower locked in the first place. The power pigtail access is not locked??

Guessing the shower thing is just an old school feature that has survived for some unknown reason. Was kind of surprised when my 2014 W Hawk still had one. After all, the $1.50 Y adapter I use on the CG water spicket is all I need for a short hose to spray off the dogs or kids [now all nearing 40].
I wondered also why the outside shower is locked, but the fresh water gravity and city water fills are not. Would be bad if someone sabotaged your fresh water... My outside shower did have the same 751 key as the storage compartments, but I changed out that lock for a thumblock so I would not have to use the key.

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam
P3 Brk controller
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:01 AM   #34
I think they have a lock on the door to keep pranksters and your kids from turning on the water and emptying your water tank when you are not around. We used ours often last summer when dry camping in Yellowstone for a week. I was afraid of filling up the grey tank showering in the camper, so we took "bathing suit" showers each evening using the outdoor shower. Easy to get a jug and put water in the tank if we were to run low, but a pain in the butt if the grey tank fills up to soon.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2009 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:31 AM   #35
I use ours all the time for greasy things with a tub. It is so much easier to keep the mess out of the camper. It also come in great for using when cleaning fish. I had an acadia that had a regular faucet on it instead of the shower head. I am thinking about converting mine to that once a again as I have never used it for a shower.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:38 AM   #36
I use it to wash scuba gear and little else. Buts its great for that. Last popup we had didn't have one. I bought a 2 dollar wye from Lowes and hooked it up at the water intake with a scrap piece of hose I had at the time. Not pretty but worked great.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:56 AM   #37
Off topic but my JayFeather came with a bracket too hook the shower head to but no provision to hang it on the side of the camper. Anyone experience this? Solutions?
rwcfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:59 AM   #38
Originally Posted by rwcfrank View Post
Off topic but my JayFeather came with a bracket too hook the shower head to but no provision to hang it on the side of the camper. Anyone experience this? Solutions?
I'm having the same problem. My roof ladder is right there by the shower, so I'm thinking of finding some kind of bracket to attach to the ladder with a hose clamp, and possibly a short bolt of the right diameter to attach to hang the shower head. I'll post up pics when I come up with a solution.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:14 AM   #39
We use it all the time! I built a shower head holder / curtain that you pound into the ground (modified plant hanger) and it works great. We do not use the inside shower at all! I'm actually thinking of building a shelving unit / clothes hamper in the inside shower.
"Never take life to seriously, no one gets out alive any way!"

Alicia and Glenn
Hartford (area), CT
2012 Nissan Pathfinder (V6)
2014 X18D
gvn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #40
Originally Posted by njdanmc View Post
ours is on the back corner near our sewer hose so i use it to give the hose a quick rinse when packing up. but boy is it a pita to wrap back up and fit into the tiny space.

2015 Jay Flight 26BHS
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 Crew Cab 6.6L Duramax
sully585 is offline   Reply With Quote