Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #1

Answering a question

Please forgive me but can't recall who asked this question of Jayco nor can I seem to find the thread.

>"Ask them why my 2010 designer blows the 30 amp fuse if you raise the front landing gear to high/ even if it it is for a split second, it will blow the fuse. I’ve talked to 2 dealers both said that is "normal, don’t raise it so high"

I asked at the repair shop where my trailer is being worked on and was told that if you're raising the front jacks so high as to max them out and the motor keeps trying to raise the front it may well blow the fuse. If you’re not doing this then you may have a faulty motor. Not knowing how you use your jacks they said to be sure to lower them to the "stop" (as low as they are supposed to be) position that way when you drop the extensions you'll have plenty of lift and should be able to level w/o maxing the jacks out. If this doesn't answer your question my suggestion would be to call the factory and ask them direct, this way you can explain what's happening and how you operate the front jacks.

Hope I've helped a little.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #2

Good info Pete
Old 06-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #3

What'd you think of the tour? Was John still there? Which part of the factory did you visit (tt's, 5'ers, pop-ups)? On our tour, it was the building that puts together the 5'ers.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
What'd you think of the tour? Was John still there? Which part of the factory did you visit (tt's, 5'ers, pop-ups)? On our tour, it was the building that puts together the 5'ers.
Haven't taken the tour yet, only been here two days. Lots of things to see so we're taking our time. I will ask about John for you though.
More later....
Old 06-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #5

Follow up.... healthi, we did see a nice rig you might be interested in; a 45' Prevost motorhome and a bargain at only $745K. If you’d like I’ll get the phone number for ya. They're not built here in Middlebury but one's for sale by private owner.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR Conductor View Post
Follow up.... healthi, we did see a nice rig you might be interested in; a 45' Prevost motorhome and a bargain at only $745K. If you’d like I’ll get the phone number for ya. They're not built here in Middlebury but one's for sale by private owner.
Ummmmm did I mention...

Whataya kiddin' me? Goodness, that thing better have gold lavatories and marble sinks for that price!!!! LOL
Old 06-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #7

Pete, are you interested in kayaking? We learned of this little 'off the beaten path' place in Mongo (near Howe, In) where you can rent a kayak and take a leisurely tour down the tree lined Pigeon River to a quaint little d*** (cement thing that holds back water - this site won't let you say the "D" word). They pick you and the kayak up at the end and give you a ride back to your car. I don't remember the name of the place though, but don't blink as you will even miss the middle of town!

We really enjoyed Shipshewana, the Farmers Mkt, and other Amish opportunities in that area. Enjoy your site-seeing!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2123.jpg  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #8

That looks like a great place to shoot some fish
Old 06-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelslime View Post
That looks like a great place to shoot some fish
Actually, when we got to the d***, we sat and shot the breeze with some anglers enjoying some sort of fishing (can't remember what they caught) while we awaited our ride back to our truck. Didn't see anyone fishing along our kayak route along the river though.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #10

Healthi, I talked with John at the Jayco visitor’s center today and told him you sent greetings. Not sure he remembered you, he sees hundreds of people, as only said "thanks, hi back". He does seem to be a very nice person, very cheerful and ready to answer any questions one might have. He didn't conduct the tour; that was done by a lady that I assume works part time as she was like me, older or should I say mature. Forget where I heard that used unless it was in the TV miniseries Lonesome Dove. The tour was of the Eagle 5th wheel plant and was very interesting. I’d like to tour the plant that builds the high end Class A’s Jayco is now building or their luxury Class C’s, both look really nice and I’m sure command a healthy price tag.

No I've never done any kayaking and to be honest don't think I'll take it up though it does look like fun, assuming you don't drown if you flip over.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #11

Shoot, he didn't remember me?? Heck, I really stood out too; I was the quiet short one in the back of a crowd of about 25 people.... LOL (The "hi" was more for being polite to John).

Sit-in kayaks are more stable than canoes. At least we haven't flipped yet. Travel safe and have fun on your return trip home!