Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #41

1) The load range of the tires on trailers should be one grade higher than trailer manufacturers usually put on lighter trailers (ie, "D" instead of "C", "E" instead of "D". I believe that an extra weight margin makes tires less likely to fail.

2) My trailer did not come with a battery cut-off switch, which I believe should be on all trailers that have a battery and a converter.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
My trailer did not come with a battery cut-off switch, which I believe should be on all trailers that have a battery and a converter.
Excellent suggestion! I wish there were a little more room between the top of the battery box and the nose of the trailer. It's a real pain to get the battery covers on, and a true nail-biter to undo the battery; I have to be very careful so the socket doesn't touch the diamond-plate while loosening the + terminal. Don't ask me how I know. . .

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
i would like jayco to do some research on placement of slide out covers. I see many other brands that have theirs mounted such that water runs off and does not pool in the middle of the slide cover.
yes
pointrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #44

Changes on our Pinnacle:
Hand rail on inside steps.
Rain sensor on LR fan or cover on roof. Current one only has thermostat control and manual control is 9' in air.
Need 12volt source by the sat cable hook up on outside.
pointrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #45

Something minor for the whitehawk 28dsbh is it would be nice to have a second vent in the bedroom. That way you could draw a nice quiet breeze through the trailer at night. just put a black vent cover over it and boom... no bright sun light.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #46

Send a message via AIM to Bigmike1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubou View Post
I've seen TT's with the clear plastic door latch cover where there is a round thingy that engages the door latch when lifted ( without opening the little plastic door to access the door latch )
I have this on both of my doors and it works great and so easy to install......CAMCO Screen Door Opener http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...r-opener/35177
2016 F350 lariat 4x4 6.2 gas 3:73
2018 Jayco 28.5RSTS HT
[SIGPIC]

Long Island,NY.
Bigmike1461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #47

Are There Things You'd Like Jayco to Change?

We have that, it's ok but the question is how could Jayco improve
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #48

Here is probably my biggest pet peeve of our trailer, and i am sure all others, it needs to have better placement of inside electrical outlets. There should be one above the counter in he kitchen area like you would have in your house. we have one in our lower cupboard that requires an extension cord to plug anything into so it isn't on the edge of the counter. Another is under the dinette and the third is in the bedroom 4' up the wall for a TV outlet. Not one is in a convenient place to use it. It may be in a convenient place to install it though.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #49

^^ x2!!

2012 Jayco 30.5 BHLT
2004 Silverado 2500 HD, crewcab
Duramax/Allison, 157,000mi
Ride rite Air bags
Jaycolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek700 View Post
Here is probably my biggest pet peeve of our trailer, and i am sure all others, it needs to have better placement of inside electrical outlets. There should be one above the counter in he kitchen area like you would have in your house. we have one in our lower cupboard that requires an extension cord to plug anything into so it isn't on the edge of the counter. Another is under the dinette and the third is in the bedroom 4' up the wall for a TV outlet. Not one is in a convenient place to use it. It may be in a convenient place to install it though.
Sorry guys, but our 320RLDS has one a foot or so off the floor between the swivel chairs, one same height at dining table, one by light over counter near sink, one under the TV, one at the bathroom sink near GFI, one on each side of the bed, one on the vanity under that TV which I use for my Dish receiver and ac powered hard drive and a final one in the ceiling over the bedroom TV. Couldn't have asked for more.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #51

In our 33rlds we have enough outlets and Jayco did a real good job on placement of them.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
a roof vent in the living quarters and front bedroom for our whitehawk. Why only 1 vent in the bathroom?
I just picked up our 2014 28dsbh white hawk Summit Edition and I totally agree with you . There is only one roof vent and it's in the bathroom. And I don't understand why there isn't a light switch in the bedroom im 6'2" and it's a reach for me to turn on.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpliskey View Post
I just picked up our 2014 28dsbh white hawk Summit Edition and I totally agree with you . There is only one roof vent and it's in the bathroom. And I don't understand why there isn't a light switch in the bedroom im 6'2" and it's a reach for me to turn on.
A light switch would be great... I'm only 5'6"

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #54
Site Team

Wet bar...definitely a wet bar

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
Wet bar...definitely a wet bar
Sign this man up as a designer. Built in margarita maker.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #56

We were camping this weekend my husband decided he wanted to cook eggs and bacon....had the coffee pot brewing inside...he had the electric skillet outside...yup- kept tripping the breaker till the coffee pot finished....would be nice if not every outlet was on the same breaker...jeesh...now I have to remember to buy an extension cord to run from the campgrounds electrical meter for the skillet...how inconvenient....

2012 Jayco 29rlds

Bailey our yellow lab
Seasonal siter in Tawas Mi
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #57

Are There Things You'd Like Jayco to Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdu View Post
We were camping this weekend my husband decided he wanted to cook eggs and bacon....had the coffee pot brewing inside...he had the electric skillet outside...yup- kept tripping the breaker till the coffee pot finished....would be nice if not every outlet was on the same breaker...jeesh...now I have to remember to buy an extension cord to run from the campgrounds electrical meter for the skillet...how inconvenient....
I agree, it would be nice...
in the mean time, someone gave me a tip once...
bring an extension cord and plug it into the pedestal (most will have regular plug in) and run the electric frying pan or in our case, the space heater off that
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #58

We were pretty upset about the lack of light switch in the master bedroom. Seriously Jayco? I am 5'1" and needed a step stool to turn it on. So we ended up purchasing a remote switch and building our own wall lamp. We are very happy with the results. Here is my blog post that describes what we did..

http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #59

White hawk 28dsbh more outlets in the kids bunks and the kitchen. And a receiver hitch for bike racks on the back bumper and frame.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #60

Clean up the metal shavings and the wood shavings. Ours came with a rip in the vinyl floor. One of the electrical outlets did not work. The fit and finish are lacking. I would not accept this with a car why should I with a 25k TT? If the Koreans find out their is $$$ to be made jayco, Thor, and other watch out!
croixlarob is offline   Reply With Quote